Our V-Day

Chapter fourteen - Our V-Day

February 14, 2002 (Thirteen days later)

"When is the interview?" Beyoncé spoke to her agent over the phone on her way to the kitchen. "Next week? Okay. Did you tell Kelly and Mimi?" She entered the kitchen, proceeding towards the coffee machine. "You want me to tell 'em? Why? Isn't it your job to tell all of us?" She teased. "You're just trying to make me work hard, aren't you? Ha-ha. Well I don't know. What are you doing? Working. Hmm." She poured a portion of Folgers coffee in the machine. "I'm so tired." The sound of a doorbell alerted her that someone was at the front door. "Yes. Ahaha, no." She exited the kitchen, ambling towards the front door seven yards away. "Maybe I'll just stay in. Relax. Haven't been doing that lately." She peered out of the peep hole but there was no one standing on her porch. "Uhh yeah." She unbarred the door, pulling it open. Her eyes scanned the patio and yard, finally landing on a heart shaped box sitting on her welcome mat. "Hey, can I call you back? Okay." She ended the call, leaning over to pick up the box. The first person that came to mind was Justin. But why would he leave it on her porch instead of giving it to her in person.

She entered the house, shutting the door behind her. She then dialed a ten digit phone number, placing the device against her ear. "Hello?" The voice answered.

"Justin?" She took a seat on the sofa with the heart shaped box of chocolate. "You up?"

"Well now I am." He spoke groggily. "Why? What do you want?" He asked with a bit attitude. She almost forgot how grouchy he was in the morning. The only thing that would cheer him up was sex.

"Did you forget who you were talking to?" She threatened playfully.

"Actually, no. As a matter of fact, why don't you come over here and remind me." He flirted. "Oh and bring some condoms. I ran out."

"Excuse you?" A faint laugh escaped his lips.

"I'm just kidding. Well, actually no. I'm not. Come over here."

"Fine. We need to discuss this thing you left on my porch any way. I'll see you in a few." She ended the call, tossing the phone aside. Her eyes landed on the box of chocolate sitting on her lap. "That goof ball." She mumbled, opening the little card attached to it.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My life isn't complete
Without you

A grin slowly formed upon her lips. This was so sweet. So sweet, it turned her on.

Twenty minutes later

"You don't have somewhere to be?" Justin spoke to Trace in the kitchen. "I'm having company soon. We would really like to be alone, if you know what I mean." He spoke, taking a seat at the table with a cup of orange juice.

"Well this is a big house. You can just go upstairs and do whatever you want." The doorbell went off throughout the house.

"That should be for me." He shot up, rushing towards the front which felt like a mile away. He didn't bother looking out of the peep hole because he knew who it was. When he yanked the door open, he came face to face with Beyoncé. She stood there looking beautiful as always in a blue denim dress. "Hey." He stepped aside, allowing her to enter the house.