Independence Day

Chapter nineteen - Independence Day

Moments later - July 2, 2002

Justin panted heavily, gazing into the pair of brown eyes. He didn't know what was going on. He lost control. He caved in which wasn't his intentions. Even though he didn't plan this, it all felt so right.

"What are we doing?" She blinked her eyes, waking out of the trance.

"I...I don't know." She was lost of words. The both of them remained in the middle of the staircase; their bodies glued to one another. "This shouldn't have happened. I'm sorry. I know this isn't what you wanted."

"This is what I've always wanted. I can't speak for you."

"We'll you practically have a girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend for the thousandth time. Just because we're fucking doesn't mean we're together." A knock on the door interrupted them.

"Shit." She nearly pushed him off her and rushed up the stairs to her room. He quickly zipped up his jeans, trying to look normal as possible. The door crept open and Kelly hesitantly stepped inside.

"Is it okay to come in?!" She shouted with her hand concealing her eyes.

"Hey." She removed her hand from her eyes, gazing in on him. He headed down the stairs , halting in the living room.

"Um..." She scanned the living room for Beyoncé. "Where's Bee?"

"She's in the room." She met his gaze, a faint laugh escaping her lips. "What?"

"Okay, I wanna know what the hell is going on." He flashed her a perplexed look. "And don't give me that stupid, phony look. I just watched you and my best friend ravage each other. AFTER the fact that you made it clear that nothing was going on."

"Look, I don't wanna talk about it. Why don't you ask her." He attempted to leave the house but she ran in front of him, blocking his path. "Jesus, what the hell. Why is it SO important to you?"

"Because I love her. I care about her and I don't wanna see her get hurt. You blabbered on about fucking some Vanessa girl. About how nothing is going on between you two. And here you are, having sex...if I didn't leave, you would've scarred me for life. I was sitting right over there." She pointed. "You didn't even see me. That's how bad it was."

"That wasn't supposed to happen. Everything happened so fast..."

"So you regret it? Jesus, fuck, Justin. If you love her, let her know. Stop playing games because one of y'all are gonna get hurt."

"You don't think I told her already? I told her how much I love her but that's not enough." He spoke angrily. "She just wants sex from me. Nothing more. And it confuses me because she tells me how much she loves me. I don't know if its a way to keep me around. I don't know. But I'm getting fed up with all of this. I agreed to be strictly friends with her because I don't wanna lose her. But guess what? She's not satisfied with that. I'm running out of ideas. What do you suggest I do? Propose? That'll scare her completely away and I don't think I'M even ready for that. I just wanna be with her. I wanna do things with her. I don't just want it to be about sex anymore. I love her." Beyoncé stood by her door, eavesdropping on their conversation. "Whatever. I'm outta here. Tell her I'm sorry about all of this."

"Why don't you tell me yourself." He looked up at the second floor to see Beyoncé standing over the rail staring at him. "You have sexual relations with another woman and then wanna spend time with me? Do you even think that's right?"

"I wasn't the only one fucking other people so don't start this shit with me." He spat out coldly. "I told you how much I care about you. How badly I wanna be with you and you just laughed in my face. It doesn't matter to you. You just wanna play games and use me till I'm dry."

"I'M NOT READY!" She shouted. "Those were my specific words. I wasn't laughing in your face."

"Okay then." He looked over at Kelly who was lost of words. "Now you see. I'm outta here." He yanked the door open with force and left the house, leaving the door wide open behind him. Kelly looked up at Beyoncé with this shocked look on her face.

"You...you just can't mind your damn business." She spoke, heading towards her room.