It's About Time

Chapter twenty - It's About Time

Four months later (November 4, 2002)

Today was the day Justified, Justin's debut album was released. He was excited and nervous. He had no idea how his fans would react to the new sound. It was very different from when he was with *N Sync.

He was escorted to a building where he was scheduled for an interview early that morning. "If they mention the outing with you and Beyoncé..." He sat in the limousine with his rep discussing the interview. "...just keep it minimum."

"I don't see why I can't just tell the truth. We went out for her birthday. It was us and a bunch of friends. What's the big deal? I can't hang out with her now? What? Is it gonna ruin my reputation?"

"We just don't want them to talk about you and her the whole time. Your album is released today. That should be the main focus. If you go into detail with Beyoncé, they will ask you question after question. She's very popular and they will want to know. This album is very different from the ones with the guys. Why did you change your style? What are you gonna say?"

"Ha-ha." He laughed faintly. This was hilarious to him because he didn't think he needed to rehearse what he was going to say. He just wanted to be genuine.

"R&B has been in my blood since I was a little kid. At first it wasn't that way because my mother wanted me to pursue country. I chose rhythm and blues because I love it. I love soulful music. That's what I'm gonna say. You know, Clara...I've been to a ton of interviews. I know what to expect. I know what to say. Just because I'm by myself now doesn't mean I can't handle the situation. I know the guys have been there to help me and so forth but I got it. I will deal with the situation. Whatever I feel they shouldn't know, trust me...I won't say much. My personal life is out of the picture, okay?"

Beyoncé on the other hand was at a radio station with Kelly and Michelle being interviewed as well. "Ahaha!! That is so true." She spoke into the microphone. "I love country food. You have no idea how much I miss my momma's cooking. She comes over to my house almost every month and cooks so..."

"And you reside in...?"

"I'm currently in California."

"Is it true that you live right next to Justin Timberlake? Just a house away? That has to be awesome." The lady host asked.

"Well it's true. His house is right next to mine. We hang out and I'm sure you guys are aware. He's a really nice guy."

"Are we going to be getting any new music?"

"We are actually working on an album but it's nowhere finished." Kelly answered. "It probably won't be out for another year or two."

"I'm working on a few tracks in the meantime." Beyoncé spoke up. "I was thinking about coming out with a solo album. That doesn't mean we're going our separate ways. I just wanted to do something for myself. You know, a ME thing. Ha-ha."