PROLOGUE

" Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book." ― Bill Watterson

Gentle drops of water tapped Ciara's head.

"No. No. No. This can't be happening" She mumbled.

Billy looked up to see a mass of angry clouds stirring above him, doing what they do best, bring forth the rain in the wrong time. The ground became filthier each time they stepped on it, swallowing their feet with its dampness and the mud splashing to the rims of their sportwears. There's a shallow river ahead that looked like it'll flood no matter how light the rain is. The kids knew they must get in the house quickly before any of that happens.

The disappointment in their faces was clear, they both wanted to play soccer. Ciara and Billy, 12 and 10 years respectively, marched off to the patio where grandma always sits to view the city's scenery and appreciate the beauty of nature. To their dismay, she wasn't there, One can clearly see the disappointment and sadness that grew in both their faces.

Suddenly, they heard a door clicked and turned to see Uncle Ryan coming from the study room and was followed by his kitty.

"What are my heroes doing outside?" He said bubbly but they kept quiet, then he noticed the sadness in their faces.

"Something wrong, sweeries?" he asked again looking all worried.

"Nothing is right with such weather! How i wish I was in school!" It was Ciara who replied abruptly.

"Really, school?" Uncle R questioned

"Ahh well you know..." Ciara started searching for the right words because they both know how much she hates school

"Ok ok got it...and you gentleman?" It was Uncle Ryan referring to Billy with a fair smile who just smiled in reply. Ciara had always been the talkative one.

" You guys join me in the study..." seeing the look on Ciara's face made him add

"if u please, I guess its way better than standing here"
The kids went to wash their selves first before they finally joined their Uncle.

Billy first entered then Ciara followed. The kids have never been here before. Somehow, their Uncle Ryan was right, the study room is just the best place in this weather. Aside from being absolutely gorgeous,it is warm plus they could smell a sweet, rich aroma of hot chocolate that is on the magnificent table. The hot chocolate, poured out of a pitcher, into very delicate china cups was passed to each of the kids.

Uncle R fetched tea for himself and sat on the sofa adjacent to the window, Billy went straight to the cat and started petting her while Ciara stood by the table observing the gigantic room as if taking in every detail of it.

The silence was broken by Ciara's question "Bill whats this?" gesturing to a big brown book on the side table

"I don't know, i think it belongs to Uncle R" Billy answered in a calm tone.

"Its too dusty and its written in ink" she said feeling irritated

"On the long run.." she managed to read it out in disgust.

Uncle R seized the book smiling down at the fainted pages

"On the long run..." He repeated as he stretched out his masculine hands and launched them on the first page. And both the kids joined him on the sofa as if asking him to read it out loud and he began...

------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading, this is actually where the story begins, we hope you're enjoying it..

Don't forget to

Vote,

Comment,

& Share

Lots of love