Chapter One

"Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August."
-Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi book, Errrhm this is getting awkward.. Ryan bought you for me. Ryan is my only brother, three years older than I am and is currently studying medicine in UCLA, enough of my not-so-awesome brother who thought a diary is the best gift for his younger sister who just passed all her exams and is still going to a summer school because her parents and clever clogs(Ryan) thought its better than staying at home. Am I making sense? Well, I'm writing this because I promised Ryan. I told him I'll give it a shot.

"Lucy! Lucy!" I heard my brother Ryan calling me from upstairs, I'm just going to pretend I didnt hear him.

The study room downstairs isn't my favorite place to be but here I am. I'm seriously mad at all of them, and I've decided to give them space since they all think talking is the only thing i'm good at.

"I've been looking all over for you Kitten"

Ryan said as he carefully closed the door and is now coming towards me, I turned my face to the opposite direction as I heard him speak again

"I'm really sorry kitten, I didnt mean it, you're not talkative, I was just joking, you can return the book, its okay if you don't want to have a diary, I'll make it up to you, Infact, let's go get some ice cream"

I hugged him tightly before I finally said

"let me get my shoes"
and he nodded in reply.

Am i the only 17 year old that gets excited over icecream?

I quickly ran upstairs to my room, and that's when I saw my blackberry blinking.. Thanks to you and Ryan, I'd totally forgotten about my phone.. I quickly typed my password and there was 3 missed calls from Jeff, OMG! I've totally forgotten about my shopping date!
Jeff, Jeffrey is my boyfriend, I still remember the first time, I saw him

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside. I and Aaron sneaked out of school again. Aaron is the only friend I have in this summer school. We went down to the valley to see the aqueduct. We had so much fun till we lost track of time, the funniest part is I left my blackberry and bag in school and so did Aaron. We rushed back to the school, thankfully, it was still open, Aaron rushed in and got our stuff. He was on the phone, when I sighted a man standing few metres away from us who caught my eye,it was really late and it was so unusual seeing someone here, I called Aaron's attention and we quickly paced towards him.