Preview

*Rey's pov

Where was he? The turned apprentice? The villain turned good? The son returned? The hero? The man I loved? Where was Benjamin Solo?

We've been searching for three weeks now. According to the computer that had been tracking the events of the battle, a pod had shot out of the gigantic First Order craft before it had exploded. My theory is that he was aboard it, and I can do nothing but prey that it's true while we search.

The pod had flown out-of-control out of this system, and between switching our base and tending to the wounded, there hasn't been much time to research the lost soldier.

"Are you gonna come for dinner?" a voice sounded from the doorway behind me. 

"Ya, I'll be right there," my eyes, despite my attempts, were still locked on the computer screen displaying the events of the recent battle.

Finn walked up and came to a stop beside me. "You really miss him don't you?" he asked.

I nodded, emotion clogging up my throat.

He wrapped me in a brotherly hug and I returned it, finally able to avert my gaze from the device in front of me.

"We'll find him, Rey," his chest rumbled against me. "I promise."

*Ben's pov

My eyes flew open to the view of the ceiling of some sort of metal contraption. Where was I?

A beeping emanating from beside me caused me to rocket up into a sitting possession. The thing that had produced the sounds was a droid, a BB unit red and white. It cocked its head as if questioning if I was alright.

"Who are you?" I asked it. "How did I get here?"

Here. The pilots chair in a First Order escape pod, dressed in a tee shirt and jeans. Outside the window-shield, a seemingly endless desert stretched in all directions. I couldn't even see any sand dunes.

I leaned back into the chair again, tilting my head back and closing my eyes. What had happened? I racked my brain for an explanation, but for some reason, I could only come up with the image of a seven year old girl laughing and dressed extravagantly, a dainty cup in front of her, her hazel eyes glimmering with life and laughter. Her three brunette buns bounced when she laughed, and I smiled at the image, the feeling that she was someone important in my life firmly settling in my soul.

The girl and the feeling haunted me the rest of the night. She was the only thing I could remember. Was she older now? Did her eyes still sparkle when she smiled? Who was she?

I was going to find her, I decided, if I loose my life trying. The only link to my past that I could recall.

---

Hi!!! I'm back! So... my updating scheduled will be quite strange and unruly. I might have two chapters a day and then go two weeks without anything to show.

Because this is JUST A PREVIEW I willn't have another chapter out for a while, but just wanted to set up the idea. 

You people all love me. 

-S