Chapter 11: Something

This song: Miracle by Shinedown

*Rey's POV

Have you ever had the sudden urge to kill the person your world revolves around? I get graced with its presence at least once a day. Joys. My eyes bore into Ben's brown orbs fiercely daring him to take the first move.

Do it! I silently plead with him. Just do it!

His eyes crinkle with his smile having heard my thoughts. That, my friends it the simultaneously worst and best part about having a boyfriend who was trained as a sith with a special skill of digging into people's heads. Attractive, right?

My eyes scream at me to just call it off, but of course, my ego got in the way. I am not going to lose to him.

"Rey," he tentatively said.

Nu-uh, nope. I don't answer.

"But Rey."

I glare at him. No, aren't you a mind reading psychopath? Listen close: N-O. What does that spell, exactly?

"Fine, if kindness won't work..." he trailed off, a mischievous look in his eyes, and I had barely enough time to think the very lady-like thought of "crap" before his hand suddenly flies to within an inch of my face. I yelp and blink, surprised, and flinch back on reflex.

"Gosh dang it, you!" I scream, glaring at him.

"It's not your fault that you can't win a little game," he said innocently shrugging. "Oh wait..."

That wonderful feeling of murder entered my veins. Nobody beats me at staring contests. I would've liked nothing more than to leap on Ben and, well, end him. But I decided against it not to eager to repeat the last few weeks of loneliness, so I settled with punching him in the arm which, by the way, did nothing to him except make him laugh. Urg....

The orange-brown landscape around us stretched on and on and my eyes search and search it, hopping for a sign of the ships promised to bring us home. I come up empty for now, but they will come. I mean, who wants to anger a former sith? The idea isn't exactly appealing.

◘◘◘

"I missed you," I say, sitting on the small couch in Ben's 'room' which consisted of a bed, a small kitchenette, a radio, a table with a chair, and the furniture I'm sitting on. The walls are a dull gray and the small window being the only source of light other than the single bulb dangling from the ceiling, reserved for night.

He smiled back at me, flashing me a glimpse of his brilliant white teeth.

"Of course you did," he moved a small pan to the stove and turned on the device, placing a food in the dish.

*Ben's POV

My eyes scanned over Rey as the food simmered. For a moment I chose not to say anything, I was just happy that she has found me. No, my life is not perfect, I can't think of one that is, but I do know that you can make the best of it.

"Ugh," Rey's voice drifted to me from the other side of the room and I curiously looked over to her. "I'm feeling so awkward."

I looked away, slowly shaking my head and chuckling. Only Rey.  

*Third Pers POV

"Thank you, everyone, for gathering here for this unscheduled meeting," General Leia stood at the long, wood table, wringing her hands. "Well, I guess good news first, right?"

The silent solemn faces made no move to reply.

"Um, well my son has made his return home from saving our hides in the battle on Jakku, and with his homecoming, he has brought with him a droid, as most of you know. A red and white BB unit. What not many of you may know is that this specific droid just happens to have come straight from the First Order."

She had their attention now.

"It contains plans of the construction of hundreds of small ships that when gathered and united, can build a beam as strong as the second Death Star."

"What do you suggest we do," one of the twenty invited to attend the meeting asked.

"I..don't...know. Yet" she hastily added. "About the plans, at least. I do, however, have an idea that might slow them down. It seems that everyone, no matter the species, has a hard time adjusting to new leadership, doesn't it?"

"What are you suggesting, General?" another of the rebels accused. "I thought that we've already decided that Snoke is pretty much invincible between his security and his power."

Leia smiled at her peer. "Oh, I'm not talking about Snoke."  

____

Hey, so I'm super sorry for not updating sooner. Can I just say that life is crazy? Also, I had TONS of help writing this chapter from ThatBubbleGumBxtch . Go check out her stories! She's got some good Modern Reylo fanfic of her own! 

This song is good, once again... so yea. I'll try to update sooner next time. :) A huge thanks to everyone who puts up with my updating schedule. :):)

Oh and tell me if you wanna help write the upcoming chapters, I'm open to help.