Peace Offering

"What about this one?"

"No."

"Ooh, how about this one?"

"No-o-o."

"Oh, this would look great on you!"

"Heck no!"

"Okay, okay. What about . . . Ooh, this one!"

"Only a two nosed troll would wear that."

"I own it, and wear it."

I grimace. Nightshade marches back into her closet, determined to find the perfect dress for me. Yeah, you read that right. Dress. As in the torched device of humiliation that confines it's victim and makes it so they can't run, trapping them in it's miles of frills and fluff while not cutting off their airway by keeping their stomach from expanding in the manner of taking in air. Nightshade comes out of her closet once again, holding up a golden, shimmering dress.

"Ha, I'm not going to let you make me look like a disco ball!" Nightshade glares at me. "This is what I'm wearing." I grimace once again. Oops. "Well, then you'll look like a lovely, beautiful, talented disco ball." I reassure quickly. She gives me another glare before putting the dress down on her bed, laying it flat next to me.

"Why do I even have to go?" I whine. Nightshade goes back into enormous closet, digging through piles and shifting through hanger after hanger if her dresses. I swear, she stole enough outfits to fill a mall. "It's the only way!" She reassures. I let a huff out. "Plus," she adds, "it will be a great opportunity to get out there." I groan and fall back onto her bad, flinging my arms out. "I don't like peopleling. It's dumb and existing!" Nightshade comes out with a green dress hanging from thin straps. It has a black belt around it and is about the right length to fall halfway somewhere between my knees and ankles. It's a beautiful dress, but I refuse to think about it. "No."

Nightshade marches over to me and grabs my arm. With a strong tug, she flings me off her bed and pushes me towards the closet. "Go try it on." I open my mouth to argue, but I can tell by her face that she won't have any if it. I huff and grab the dress, then March into the closet. Having no other choice, I take off my clothing and slip into the dress. It hugs my curves, but not in a confining way. It's a beautiful green color, a little lighter then forest green, but just slightly. Luckily, it reaches up to my collar bone, so I don't have to worry about cleavage. My shoulders feel cold, so I look around the closet. I quickly spot what I'm looking for. I grab a black, short sleeve cardigan and slip it on. I look in the full length mirror and just have to stair for a moment. The black cardigan is the same dark black as the belts and the dress really does make it look like I have a better figure then I thought possible. I'm usually a flat girl, with small hips and a flat frame. The only remarkable things about me are usually my eyes and my hair, which is sadly still not chopped off. But while wearing this dress, it makes me appear to actually have curves. Wow.

I walk out of the closet, and Nightshade stops what she was doing and stairs at me. She opens her mouth, but all of a sudden an excited squeal comes from the door way. I twirl around, but the dress catches around my legs like a rope and I fall to the ground. Luckily, Nightshade's room has carpet, unlike the kitchen floor. I look up and see my team. Cherry bomb is jumping up and down like a fan girl while the rest just smile at me, Firecracker leaning against the doorway with her arms crossed. Cherry bomb shutters over to me and helps me up.

She turns to Nightshade. "If she can't walk in a dress, how will she walk in heals." I turn to Nightshade, horrified. "Heals?!" My former best friend shrugs. She had been demoted when she had told me that I had to now go to the giant party. Fill the stain is my best and only friend now. I stand up and quickly make my way back to the closet, only tripping one more time on the way to it. I close the door to the closet and quickly change back into my jeans and t shirt. I walk out of the closet and glance around. Chameleon and Firecracker must have lost interest, because they are no longer in the room. Cherry bomb and Nightshade sit together, whispering about something. I slowly make my way towards them. They are looking at something in Nightshade's hand. I walk around the bed and stand behind them. I try to look over their shoulders, but I can't quite see it. Getting agitated, I decide to act. I launch my self at her, trying to grab whatever it was from Nightshade's hand, but she's too good for me. She easily leans to the side and I go flying over the bed and crash into the floor. I have become well acquainted with the floor.

I hear a chuckle behind me and glare at the girls. Now I can see what nightshade is holding. She dangles a beautiful green necklace from her figures. It hangs from a simple silver chain and has a median sized green amulet hanging from it. The color is so bright it almost looks neon. I stand up and sit besides them. "Is that what your going to wear?" I ask her. She scrunched up her face. "No, it doesn't match."

I open my mouth to ask her what it is for then, but before I can she leans towards me and clips it around my neck. I look down and gently figure it. It was absolutely beautiful yet simple in a way. I look up a Nightshade, only to see her smiling at me. "But how? Why?" She shrugs. "Consider it a peace offering. Or a reward for having you interact with people." I give her a look. "It's called peopleing."  Nightshade rolls her eyes. "I still deny that's a word, but fine. Whatever works for you." I smile at her, then look back at the necklace. She hands me a hand mirror and I look at my self. My eyes widen.

The necklace is almost the same color as my eyes, which makes them only look brighter. My eyes have always been bright, but this necklace made it look like they were almost glowing. Wow.

I look at nightshade. I won't like this, I'd probably fall and break a couple thousand dollars worth of items at the party and would have a heart attach the moment I stepped foot on that mountain, but I would have Nightshade by my side. Sorry Fill, my best friend has just been promoted.