~Chapter Eight~

" Echo!!"

Echo jumped out of his sleep with a fearful yelp from the deep voice. He looked up at the owner of the voice and found Alpha centimeters away, staring him down with bared teeth.

Alpha growled as saliva dripped from his bottom lips. Echo had never seen him so angry. He swiveled his ears behind him and heard Silver shuffling behind him. He figured she was cowering behind him for safety.

Echo could barely see over Alpha's large shoulder, but what he could see was a sunny morning. He and Silver had slept through the night, consequently causing them to sleep through the storm.

Alpha's eyes were dark with anger and his teeth were clenched so hard, Echo couldn't believe that he wasn't breaking them.

" I come after a stormy night to check on the whelping den and find this??!! I might as well kill you right here!!"

Echo tried standing but was smacked to the ground by an incoming black paw. Alpha stomped up to Echo's fallen self and grabbed his scruff. He threw him against the closest stone wall.

Echo yelped on impact. His breath was knocked out of him instantly. Alpha charged up to him again and smacked him across the hard floor, sending Echo sliding on the stone.

Echo continued to yelp as his body was bruised with every landing. Silver watched in fear as her best friend was beat. She was afraid to stand up for Echo, for she feared Alpha herself.

Seeing Echo getting hurt, Silver pushed herself to be confident. She stood up and growled loudly, trying to keep herself from sounding fearful.

" Leave him alone! We'll leave immediately!"

Alpha stopped his raised paw from smacking the now unconscious Echo and turned around to face Silver.

" Why should I let you go again?! You keep getting in my way!!"

Silver kept her head up high and tears back. She didn't want to show any weakness. She stood on her broken leg without revealing that it was hurt. It pained her miserably but she had no choice.

" I promise you won't see us again."

Alpha gave her a suspicious look but calmed his nerves.

" How do I know that your promise will be kept?"

Silver looked behind him at Echo, who lifted his bruised head to listen to what she was about to say.

Silver looked back at Alpha, who waited impatiently for an answer.

" Because we are leaving Tynder."

Echo widened his eyes at her remark. Alpha grinned and looked back at Echo before resting them on Silver again.

" Playing it risky, eh? I'd like to see you try to survive out there without my leadership. What with Echo's bruises and your broken leg? You wouldn't make it a full month without me."

Silver glared at Alpha for being so selfish.

" Oh yeah? Watch us."

Alpha laughed.

" You guys are delusional. If you are going to officially leave Tynder, you better leave before I rip out your intestines and feed them to birds."

Silver nodded respectively and helped Echo stand. With one last snarl from Alpha, they quickly limped outside and began their journey to leave Tynder.