~Chapter Eighteen~

Silver and Echo woke up to hear sniffing all around them. Silver looked through the unlocked door on the cage to see another wolf staring back at her.

She growled for him to move so she could get out. He moved immediately and Silver stood tall and confident above the many wolves around. Echo came out too, and grew irritated by the curious noses.

Silver scoffed at the wolves and looked around. The environment looked much like the PreTesting Habitat, only bigger. It looked like a scene you would find in the wild.

Silver's eyes rested on a large white wolf in the middle of the habitat. He stood upon a hill and looked down at Silver with a cold glare. It was clear that he was elderly. His thin legs trembled under his weight. His fur looked dry and shaggy.

Every other wolf noticed his stare, and backed off of Silver and Echo.

The large wolf began to walk down the hill to meet up with Silver. He stood over her and casted a large shadow upon her snowy fur.

" Who are you?"

His voice was soft despite his rough appearance. His tone was friendly, and it calmed Silver's tensed nerves.

" My name is Silver. And this is my mate, Echo."

The wolf looked at Echo and back at Silver.

" I'm Brutus. I'm the alpha of the Silver Sanctuary."

Silver looked at him with confusion.

" Silver Sanctuary?"

Brutus sat down.

" Yeah, that's what this place is called. All of us powerful wolves are captured and placed here."

Silver smiled.

" You guys are the other Silvers!"

Brutus tilted his head.

" You know about us?"

Silver shrugged.

" Echo and I weren't sure you guys were here. We got ourselves captured on purpose to save you guys."

" Save us?"

Silver nodded proudly. Brutus looked back at his pack and then Silver.

" From what?"

Silver's confident smile turned into a disappointed frown.

" Well, the men of course. Besides, all of you are stuck in captivity. We're here to free you."

" We don't want to be freed."

Silver felt like her whole plan went to waste.

" Wha...? Why?"

" My pack likes it here. I like it here. The men feed us and take care of us. There's no predators around to kill our pups. This is the life every wolf should have."

Silver shook her head.

" You can't be serious."

" Why not? This place is heaven for us wolves."

Echo stepped forward to help Silver in the brewing argument.