2: Sydney

Friday, November 18, 2016

Dear Connor,

Hi! I'm Sydney Porter and I'm pumped to be your pen pal. I'm also unfamiliar with how pen pals work, since I thought that was something that old people did back before computers, but I guess this is for history class. I did find you quite interesting, and I hope you find me to be as well. I'm not used to talking like that though, so I might be a bit less formal than you, and I'm sorry about that. Your list was incredibly professional though and I'm impressed, so I thought I would copy you.

1. My name is Sydney. Like Australia, even though I've never been.

2. You already knew my name, but you might have forgotten. It's Sydney. Like Australia.

3. I'm 17 years old, but my birthday was just last week, so I guess I'm not that much older than you.

4. Two facts in one?? It's like getting an extra mozzarella stick at lunch. If you like mozzarella sticks, of course. Otherwise it wouldn't really be that big of a treat.

5. I'm incredibly blunt and sarcastic. I would say sorry, but I'm not. See? Blunt.

6. I love dance and hate football. The American kind of football. It makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it's so entertaining to 99% of the general population.

7. I play violin in my school, county, and state orchestra. Beat that! (just kidding...it's cool that you're in an orchestra too)

8. I like the color blue. But not navy, or teal, or royal blue. Light turquoise is my favorite, but I can only ever find stuff in medium turquoise. It's tragic.

9. I'm a junior at Greentown High School, where the only thing dirtier than the floors are the cheerleaders.

10. I live in Sacramento, California.

11. I'm definitely not a stalker, but if I was, I wouldn't have even needed all the personal information, because your address was on the front of the envelope you put my letter in and I could have found you from there. I could have easily thrown away the letter and still have a way to find you. Lucky for you, I'm not into that kind of stuff.

12. I have an iPhone also, and if you were about that Android life I would have had some serious questions about your mental health. I think mine is the newest generation, unless they come out with a different one in the day it takes for this to get to you.

13. I do not have a strong vendetta against Hollister, and have never heard of anyone else having one. Why do you?

14. I'm also incredibly superstitious, and I hate the numbers 13 and all even numbers.

15. Because of this, I'm adding another fact. One time I sprayed perfume on my armpit and it burned for approximately five days after. I was seven and I have never forgotten. That was my fact.

I hope I wasn't too boring and that I somehow managed to catch your attention. I'm excited to talk to you for the rest of this project and hope that we will get along well, which I'm sure we will!

Sincerely,

Sydney Porter