5: Connor

Friday, November 25, 2016

Dear Sydney,

Your letter definitely came at a good time, and it does have to do with the "juicy" aspects of my life, if you could even call it that. But I'll save that to the end, so you'll have to finish the letter. Kinda like those videos where you have to wait till the end to find out the big surprise and it doesn't make sense unless you watch the whole thing. I realize that that probably sounded like a load of gibberish, so I'm just gonna move on.

My sister does ballet and lyrical (I think) and they're pretty boring to watch. No offense to her of course, I realize it probably takes a lot more work than I'd ever be willing to put into anything, but it isn't as much fun to watch as the tap dancers and I think it's called hip hop?

I still cannot believe you hate your school! It's pretty simple to not make fun of the school; we have great teachers and the people are mostly nice. You get the random people from other schools who transfer in, and because of the huge rivalries, that takes a bit to get used to, but other than that, it's pretty chill here.

If I could visit one place in the world, I would want to visit Los Angeles. It just sounds so cool that you could randomly bump into JENNIFER ANISTON at a coffee shop! That's like that picture of Dylan O'Brien with some random fan at the supermarket. How does that even happen?

That's crazy that your mom went to University of Utah! Neither of my parents did, which is why it was such a shock when my brother decided to even apply there. My parents both went to James Madison University here in Virginia, and that's how they met. It's not as cool of a story as them meeting randomly in Australia or anything like that, but they're together and I'm happy about that (you know, since I wouldn't be here if they didn't meet...).

On to the "juicy" tidbits of my life. Not to make this letter take a sour turn, but you did ask for it, so you can't be mad. I just got out of a relationship with this girl Ashley who I really liked. She cheated on me with this kid Liam, who I used to be friends with freshman year before we kind of had a falling out. She keeps trying to apologize to me and fix things, but I just feel like her cheating in the first place is so irreversible and just isn't something I can look past. Then I find out that she isn't even interested in Liam, she just kinda did it to do it, which hurts even more. I'm close to blocking her number just because getting all the apology texts from her is like adding salt to the wound.

Sorry for the sad ending, but maybe you can give me a girl's perspective on what to do. You could also tell me some juicy things about your life, since I just spilled my darkest moment to you (that's me asking to know your deepest, darkest secrets by the way).

I hope your life is better than mine, and that you don't think I'm crazy or pathetic after this letter.

Yours Truly,

Connor Hall

A/N: AHHH!!! Dear Sydney hit 1k reads! This is completely insane. I've been judging my progress on Dear Sydney by comparing it to how well Spiral (my first official Wattpad book) did within its first few weeks, and (even though you probably don't care), it took Spiral 3 weeks to reach 1k reads, while it only took Dear Sydney 1 week and 1 day! (and, Spiral had around 20 chapters by the time it hit 1k reads...Dear Sydney  only had 4) So, as a HUGE thank you for helping me hit this milestone so quickly, I'm releasing Chapter 5 two days early!! I will now upload Chapter 6 on Wednesday, and we will continue from there on the Wednesday/Sunday uploading! Again, thank you guys so much for all of the reads, votes, comments, and messages--I read them all and I love them and you! Thank you thank you thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the book and don't get bored of it TOO quickly! <3

-Katherine