24: Sydney

The entire premise of his visit was so incredibly random and so incredibly crazy, but I don't think that I had ever had a more enjoyable few days in my entire life.

            I rolled over in bed, a huge smile on my face as the fourth day of the Halls' visit began. Aria was snoring softly on the air mattress next to my bed, and picked up my phone to check the time. 8:56 AM. Everyone knew it wasn't socially acceptable to wake someone up until at least 9:00.

            Aria was suprisingly chill, especially for a freshman. Most of the underclassmen I knew were concerned with nothing more than dating seniors and getting high, so Aria Hall was a fresh spirit in California—she was witty and excited about everything, but not to the point where I wanted to wring her neck because of the excessive giddiness.

            The clock hit 9:00 as I was scrolling through Instagram and Aria's alarm went off.

            "Girlfriend why did you set an alarm? You're on vacation!"

            Aria laughed as she rolled over to shut the clock off.

            "I'm gonna go out to the beach with this cute guy I met on Sunday." She sat up and pulled on a pair of fuzzy slippers. "Don't tell my parents or brother; they think I'm off with a friend from camp. I'm gonna go shower!"

            I laughed as she left the room. How I wished I had that kind of spunk; I would never in a million years have even thought of lying to my parents about going out with a guy.

            I felt my phone buzz and I flipped over to see who had messaged me. I couldn't help but smile as I read the message, however gross and girly the smile was.

            I rolled my eyes at the last message; Aria had been a wonderful roommate for the past few nights and he knew that perfectly well

            I rolled my eyes at the last message; Aria had been a wonderful roommate for the past few nights and he knew that perfectly well. The "good morning beautiful" is what made me squirm a bit; I wasn't the most girly of girls and I had a feeling that the increased flirting was going to start making me uncomfortable.

            That's not to say that I wanted him to stop.