0.4

"WHAT THE HELL?" Colby mumbled to herself, her head aching as she blinked her eyes open

"WHAT THE HELL?" Colby mumbled to herself, her head aching as she blinked her eyes open. She'd been awake for a few minutes, but the sunlight streaming in through the windows hurt her eyes. It took Colby only a few seconds to realize that she was not in her own room, and was instead in a room she didn't recognize.

Slowly sitting up, mindful of the headache, Colby took a glance around the room. While it was fairly large, it was also pretty plain-looking, which meant that it was either a hotel room, guest room, or the room of someone with very little taste. It didn't seem like a hotel room, so Colby was leaning towards a guest bedroom. She recalled the events of last night — meeting the woman in the park, the men who attacked, the blonde woman who saved them. After that, what little she could recall was fuzzy, and the rest blank. Colby figured maybe she passed out, and ended up at one of their houses. The thought of being in a strangers house was alarming, but at least they didn't leave her unconscious in the park.

Slipping on her shoes that were placed neatly on the floor by the bed, Colby slowly stood up. She was thirsty, and hungry, and wanted to know whose house she was in. Slowly walking out of the room, Colby cautiously walked down the hallway, coming to a set of stairs. Figuring the kitchen would be downstairs, Colby began walking down the stairs carefully. She only made it halfway down, before yelling echoed up the staircase and reached Colby's ears.

"Nik!" A woman shouted, making Colby jump slightly. The woman sounded angry, and a touch desperate. Colby quickly ran down the rest of the stairs, turning to see the blonde woman from the night before. She ran at a strange man with inhuman speed, shoving him off of Hayley, the girl from the bench, who gasped for breath, coughing. "Keep your hands off her! She is pregnant, for God's sake! All of this bluster about not wanting the child, and the the second she tells you shes ready to get rid of it?" The blonde scoffed, shaking her head, before focusing back on the man. "It's okay to care. It's okay to want something. That's all Elijah was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you. All we've ever wanted." She spoke, voice turning gentle.

Colby suddenly felt like she was intruding as the man sat down on the stairs that she had just ran down. Now at a different angle, she could see that he was the man Marcel was having lunch with, his friend from out of town. The blonde sat next to him, and Colby awkwardly took a few shuffling steps away. Hayley moved to stand next to Colby, placing a comforting on her shoulder, now noticing that she was there. Colby smiled weakly up at her, before looking back at the man as he spoke.

"I gave Elijah to Marcel." He said, and while Colby faintly recognized the name Elijah, her mind conjuring a memory of the man in the bar, she had no idea what Marcel had to do with him. Judging by the way the blonde's face fell as she stared at him, however, it was nothing good.

"What?" She asked bluntly, making the man sigh, almost looking guilty.

"Marcel was nervous. It's bad enough one Original returned to town, but two? His crew was getting antsy. He wanted Elijah gone, so," The man averted his gaze from the blonde, to the ground. "I gave him a peace offering." A look of astonishment crossed the woman's face.