0.5

COLBY ASKED KLAUS to stay until she fell asleep, but when the sun began to come up in the morning, she felt bad for making him stay

COLBY ASKED KLAUS to stay until she fell asleep, but when the sun began to come up in the morning, she felt bad for making him stay. She didn't know him very well, but he still came when she was possibly in danger, and she didn't want him to waste the rest of the night because she thought something was possibly in her apartment. Klaus had insisted several times that it was fine, and he didn't mind staying, but that only made Colby feel a tiny bit better.

However, the night wasn't a total waste, as the two stayed up talking in an effort to take her mind off of the strange happenings in the apartment. Colby told Klaus about her late mother and run-away father and in turn, Klaus told her about his family. Colby recounted the vague facts she knew about her father — which were very few and far between. He stuck around for approximately two weeks of her life before taking off, not leaving a note or even a 'good luck with the kid' card. Colby vaguely knew what he looked like, pulled together by a mismatched pile of memories she had formed.

Klaus explained to Colby how he and his siblings ended up as vampires, and Colby listened intently for hours, like a child hearing their favorite book being read to them. It was hard to believe that they were all over one thousand years old, but she supposed it wasn't entirely unlikely, seeing as vampires were now real to her.

When the sun eventually came up, Colby groaned before kicking Klaus out of the room so she could get dressed, ushering him out with the assisted force of her pillow. Putting on a pair of jeans and whatever t-shirt she saw first, Colby slipped out of her room, grinning at Klaus. Looking at her now, it was like you couldn't even tell that she spent the night awake and in fear.

"Alright, Klaus, let's go." Klaus looked puzzled as Colby picked up a set of keys. She paused to give him a grin,  jangling the keys in her hand, "I don't know how to get to your house, and I'd like a way home of my own this time. So, you're riding shotgun." Klaus scoffed, rolling his eyes in mock annoyance as he followed Colby out to her Jeep. It was a little dirty, but all black. Klaus climbed in, slamming the door. Colby hissed, placing a hand on the dash, patting it lightly.

"Be nice to my baby, you jerk." She said jokingly, but with a sharp tone. Klaus looked at her in disbelief, raising an eyebrow.

"You refer to your car as your baby?" Klaus asked, and Colby rolled her eyes playfully, turning the key in the ignition.

"Fight me."

–•–•–

As Colby was driving, her phone began to ring. Colby looked at Klaus expectantly, who threw his hands up in exasperation, grabbing her phone out of her bag. Every movement was given an extreme exaggeration, proving to be all the more dramatic.

"You've reached the phone of Colby Scott, this is her secretary speaking." He answered, his tone sarcastic and annoyed. Colby shot him a look, scowling at him.

"Who is this?" Came a surprised shout from the other end. Colby quickly pulled over, grabbing the phone from Klaus, and holding up a finger, telling him to be quiet.