1.5

COLBY DIDN'T want to be there

COLBY DIDN'T want to be there. She watched Diego light the match and throw it into the bodies of the dead vampires and she felt sick. She had already emptied the contents of her stomach on the floor of the courtyard earlier.

Diego took her home, Colby refusing to speak to Rebekah, Klaus or Marcel. Hayley was sitting on the front steps of the mansion when she got there. Upon seeing the girl covered in blood, Hayley ran to her, holding Colby's face in her hands.

"What happened?" Hayley asked, trying to keep her voice as calm as possible so she wouldn't scare the girl in front of her. Colby shook her head, lips quivering as tears filled her eyes.

"The Abattoir." She mumbled, taking in a shaky breath as Klaus came storming out of the house.

"You're coming with me, little wolf." Hayley scoffed, pushing Colby behind her protectively as she turned to look at Klaus.

"Why would I go anywhere with you?" She demanded. Klaus stopped, rolling his eyes.

"Because, Hayley, that child you carry is the only thing on this earth that matters to me. Now, you can fight me on this, but you will lose." Klaus paused to open the car door. "As will anyone who tries to stop you getting in this car." Hayley squeezed Colby's hand gently, giving her an apologetic smile before reluctantly getting into the car. Klaus shot Colby a hesitant look, pausing as if he wanted to say something. Deciding against it, he looked away, getting into the car as well.

Alone again, Colby sluggishly climbed up the steps, walking into the house. She was met with Rebekah and Elijah both in the living room. Rebekah moved to say something, but Colby held up a bloodied hand to stop her.

"You've done enough, Rebekah. You know, I thought that maybe you actually cared? You just wanted to use me as a pawn in your grand plan to take down Klaus. Did you even care what happened to me? Did Marcel?" Rebekah looked guilty, eyes watering, and Colby almost wanted to apologize. Turning quickly, Colby ran up the stairs before she could get any sort of apology out – Rebekah didn't deserve one from her.

She sighed, moving to the bathroom, turning the hot water on. Colby shoved her hands under the warm water, letting it heat up. She scrubbed at her hands and her arms, desperately trying to get the caked-on, dried blood off. She let out a sob as Elijah entered the bathroom, quickly pulling her hands from the scalding water.

"Colby, it's okay," Elijah whispered, shushing her gently as he pulled the girl to his chest, wrapping his arms around her.

"It won't come off." She whispered miserably, hiccuping at the end of her sentence. Silently, Elijah pulled away from Colby. He sat her down on top of the toilet seat, grabbing a towel and gently wiping the blood from her hands. He wiped the blood from her face, frowning the whole time.

"Rebekah told me what happened." He said and Colby frowned, another round of tears filling her eyes.

"I couldn't save them, Elijah. I'm useless." She muttered, sniffling. Elijah stopped in his tracks, throwing the towel to the side and crouching down to look her in the eyes.

"Colby Scott you are not useless. You are strong and you are smart and you are so talented. It is okay to be afraid." He said the last sentence softly and Colby threw her arms around his neck, smiling softly through her tears as she embraced him.

Elijah talked to Colby until she fell asleep. And, the next morning, Colby was gone. Elijah looked everywhere, tried calling her, but got nothing. First, he questioned Rebekah, who admitted to knowing nothing of what happened. Then, his mind wandered to Klaus.

"Elijah, you shouldn't be here. Klaus has his guys watching me." Hayley said as Elijah snapped Diego's neck, his body falling limply to the ground.

"I wouldn't worry about them." He said as Rebekah kicked down two more vampires that were hiding around the corner. "Hayley, listen to me very closely. Have you seen Colby?" Hayley's face scrunched together in confusion.

"No, she's not here. I would have seen her. Why, what's wrong?" Hayley asked, eyes darting back and forth between the siblings.

"She's missing." Rebekah said simply, making Hayley's eyes widen in shock.

"Come, we mustn't linger. We'll get you some place safe." Elijah said and Hayley shook her head, explaining to the siblings what happened with Klaus' kill order on the wolves in the bayou.

"You wanna help me? Help my people. And find Colby." She said, before turning and moving back into the Abattoir. Rebekah and Elijah sighed, running off.

–•–•–

Colby was terrified. It was dark, cold. She felt concrete floor beneath her. She didn't remember getting up at night to get dressed, but the clean jeans and t-shirt proved that she must have. The last thing Colby remembered was going to sleep. Fishing around in her pockets for her phone, Colby's cold fingers fumbled around trying to unlock it for a moment. Almost instinctively, Colby hit the first number that she saw, shakily placing the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Hayley answered, sounding exasperated.

"Hayley! Hayley, please." Colby pleaded, shifting to sit on her knee's.

"Colby?" Hayley asked, concern evident in her voice.

"Hayley, please, I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here." Breath ghosted over the back of Colby's neck and she stiffened, voice dropping to a whisper. It was almost completely pitch black in the room, even with her eyes adjusting to the darkness. "Something is here." She whispered, feeling something pulling on her shoulders.

"Colby, tell me what you see, what you feel around you, anything." Hayley said, listening in worry, standing in an empty room of the Abattoir. She paced around in concern, unable to keep still. There was silence before a loud, piercing scream echoed from the other end of the phone before the line cut off, disconnected.

"Dammit!" Hayley yelled, flipping over a small end table closest to her. Reluctantly, Hayley called Elijah, near tears.

"She just called me, Elijah!" Hayley blurted out the second Elijah answered his phone. "She said something was there with her and then she screamed and, nothing! Elijah, if something has happened to her, so help me, this one is on you." Elijah was silent, knowing there was a bit of truth in Hayley's words.

"We will find her, Hayley." Elijah said, hanging up, leaving everyone thinking the same thing.

Where the hell was Colby Scott?