0.7

SOMEONE WAS SHAKING her gently, calling out her name

SOMEONE WAS SHAKING her gently, calling out her name. It sounded distorted, like someone was shouting at her from underwater. Groaning, she reluctantly opened her eyes, the memory of what happened rushing back.

"Colby? Oh, my god, what happened?" Claire frantically asked, rushing over to Colby. Hayley was kneeling next to her, leaning over her worriedly.

"She called me, but never said anything. I got worried and came over here. I don't know what happened." Hayley explained quickly, helping a now-conscious Colby sit up.

"There was someone. They, uh," Colby's head was pounding, and she reached up to touch it, only to be met with something coating the side of her head and running into her hair. Pulling her hand away, she saw blood. "They threw me off of the bed and onto the floor. I don't know who, I didn't see anything." Claire gently rubbed her back, pressing a towel to her head after inspecting the wound.

"Lucky for you, it doesn't look too bad. There's a good amount of blood, sure, but that's just because it's a head wound. It doesn't look like you'll be needing stitches." Claire said with a firm nod. Colby looked at Hayley, gripping her hand tightly. The werewolf didn't hesitant to hold Colby's hand just as tight, smiling softly at her in an attempt to offer comfort.

"I can't stay here." Colby said shakily, expecting Claire to look hurt, but instead she nodded in understanding.

"Go back with Hayley. I wouldn't think you would want to stay here tonight after this. I'll clean everything up, you and Hayley can go." Claire said softly, causing Colby to throw her arms around her aunt, holding onto her tightly.

"I love you, Claire. I love you, and I'm sorry I don't tell you enough." Colby whispered gently, tears stinging her eyes. Claire smiled softly, nodding.

"I know. Now go, get changed and clean yourself up so you can go." Claire ordered gently. Colby nodded, and Hayley helped her stand up. She helped Colby move into the bathroom to wash the blood from her hair, turning the faucet on in the bathtub and making sure the water wasn't too hot.

"You called right after Rebekah and Klaus got back. They told me everything, and I assumed that was the reason you weren't answering my calls." Hayley gently sat Colby down on the lid of the toilet seat, slowly helping her take off her bloodied shirt. Hayley threw it right in the garbage, before wrapping a towel around Colby's shoulders and helping her sit down against the edge of the tub with her head leaned back over the edge. The position was a little awkward, but it was the only way it would work aside from having Colby climb in entirely. Grabbing the detachable shower-head, Hayley carefully began to rinse the drying blood from Colby's hair, making sure not to press too much on her injury. "But when you called, and there was nothing on your end, I was terrified. Rebekah and Klaus must think I'm crazy, driving away from the house like a bat out of hell." Colby laughed weakly as Hayley did a final once-over with the water, before turning it off and letting the shower-head drop.