Chapter One

Riley's POV:

I groan as I watch my blonde best friend try on another outfit. She looks at herself in the mirror before shaking her head, "Nope." She marched back into the closet to try on another outfit.

"Maya, do I really have to go to this party?" I ask, leaning back against the bay window.

"Yes you do Riley. You can't stay in your comfort zone all the time." She said as she came out in a white crop top and black mini skirt, and a pair of black heels.

"I don't always stay in my comfort zone, it's just that I'm invisible to everyone except you. My own family barely notices me anymore." I say as Maya looks at me with a small smile.

"Honey, your not invisible." She says, looking into the vanity mirror.

"Yes I am." I say, standing up and walking into my closet.

I look through my clothes before deciding to just wear a simple pair of white skinny jeans, a black crop top, and a black leather jacket over it. I throw on my pair of black and whit converse and walk out of my closet. I look in the mirror real quick, I pull my wavy dark brown hair out from underneath my jacket and it lays on top of my shoulders. Maya looks at my feet and cringes. "Really Riley? Converse? Slap on a pair of heels!"

"Maya, no one is going to see me. Invisible, remember?" I say as she rolls her eyes.

"Yea, whatever. Let's go."

I grab my phone and slip it in my back pocket, along with my headphones.

My parents won't even notice I left, so I walk out of my room and right past my parents who are both sitting at the table working. "Bye Maya." My father says, not even noticing that I'm walking right beside her.

"Bye Mr. And Mrs. Matthews." Maya says as we walk out the front door.

"Told you I was invisible." I say quietly as we walk downstairs and out of the building.

"Who's house is the party at?" I ask, as we hop into Maya's car that Shawn and Katy bought her for her sweet sixteen. I don't have a car. I didn't have a sweet sixteen either.

Maya starts the car and starts driving to this stupid party that I'm dreading on going too.

"Lucas Friar, he's on the-"

"Baseball and football teams. Yea, I know. You told me. He's all you talk about nowadays." I say, looking out the window.

She doesn't say anything, and just continues driving.

She parks in front of the house. I step out of the car, ugh I could already smell the alcohol. I hear Maya shut her door and lock the car before sliding her keys into her purse. She walks ahead of me and we start walking towards the insanely loud house. "Why do they need the music so loud? I'm going to need to take a lot of pain killers tonight to get rid of the headache I'm gonna get from this stupid party." I think as we walk inside.

Maya sees her cheerleader friends and runs over to them, leaving me in the crowd of mainly drunk people.

I knew this would happen. That's why I didn't want to come. I knew she would ditch me for her popular friends.

I can feel her slipping away.

I sigh and go stand in a corner.

This is going to be one long night.

Two hours later

I have spent the past two hours pushing drunk guys off of me, who thought I was their "girlfriend" and wanted to hook up. It disgusts me that all these people think about is drinking and hooking up. I'd much rather be reading a book right now. I want to go home.

I decide to start looking for Maya.

I push my way through the crowd of people and search for my blonde best friend. I eventually find her. She was sucking the one and only Lucas Friar's face off. Gross. Then they ran upstairs. Maya trips over her own two feet and her movements and actions show that she is clearly drunk.

Great, how am I going to get home now?

I sigh and walk towards the kitchen. I see a back door that leads into the backyard/patio. I turn the knob and walk outside, shutting the door behind me. I lean against the wall and close my eyes and sigh.

This has been one of the worst nights of my life.

"Rough night?" I hear someone say, causing me to jump and hit the back of my head on the wall.

"Ow." I place my hand on the back of my head. I look over to see a boy in a black beanie sitting on the bench.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you, you okay?" He says, as I nod.

I sit down on the bench, running my hand through my hair. "Yea, thanks. So why aren't you inside?" I ask, looking at the boy next to me.

"Why aren't you inside?" The boy in the beanie asks.

"Honestly, I didn't even want to come to this stupid party. But my friend made me. And as soon as we got here, she ditched me for her popular friends. So, I was alone having to push those stupid drunk guys off me like ever five seconds. And when I decided that I wanted to go home, I found her sucking Friar's face off. Then, they ran upstairs to do... "It". Now I'm here." The boy chuckles. "Your turn."

"My friend did the exact same thing to me. Except, I sorta gotta come to these lame parties."

"Why?"

"My reputation as a bad boy of course. And I assume that your a good girl who would much rather be reading a book instead of coming to a party?" The boy asks, as I look at him and nod.

"Yea, that's me." I say, looking at the ground. I turn my attention back to the boy next to me. "I'm invisible to everyone. So, I tend to keep to myself."

He half smiles, "Your lucky." I look at him confused.

"How am I lucky?" I ask as he sighs.

The boy leans back against the bench before saying, "I refer to myself as painfully visible. I wish I was invisible. Your lucky."

We sit in silence.

"What's your name?" I ask him, as he looks at me with a small smile.

"Farkle Minkus. What's yours?"

"Riley Matthews."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like the first chapter of my new story, "Invisible" comment below what you think. I will also be updating my other stories, New Friends, New Secrets and You Saved Me today.