Chapter two

Riley's POV:

"You wanna ditch this place?" Farkle asks, as I look up at him.

I was staring at his shoes.

He is also wearing black and white converses, his slightly more worn out than mine.

I nod, and we both stand up.

"Where are we going?" I ask, as we walk out of the back yard.

Farkle smirks, "Well. What would you like to do princess?" I roll my eyes.

"Shut up. And we could go to Central Park. There isn't very many places to go at this time of night." I say, as the boy in the black beanie nods.

The boy smirks again before turning on a street, in the opposite direction to Central Park. "You coming princess?" He asks, as he turns around, walking backwards.

Could he not call me that?

"Central Park is that way."

"I know. You coming or not?" Farkle asks as I sigh and nod. I catch up to him and we start walking again.

"Where are we going?" I ask again.

"On an adventure." He smirks at me.

I roll my eyes. I pull my phone out of my pocket, and push the power button.

A small part of me hoped that I'd at least have one message from my mom or dad.

But nothing.

No messages, no new notifications, nothing.

"Something wrong princess?"

I sigh and shake my head as I slide my phone back into my pocket.

"No, everything is fine." I lie.

"You sure?" He asks, I nod.

"How far till we get to this place?" I ask, trying to change the subject and honestly, I was a little curious to where this boy was taking me in the middle of the night. But then, I didn't mind. It's kind of nice to be with someone besides Maya or Auggie.

But this won't last.

No one ever stays once they get to know me.

Even Maya is pulling away.

And besides, we are complete opposites.

He's the rebellious bad boy, and I'm the invisible, insecure good girl.

Complete opposites.

"We're here." I hear him say quietly.

I look up to see a forest.

I look at him confused.

I have seen way too many horror movies where the girl goes into the forest at night and dies.

And I don't feel like dying tonight.

He smirks, "Take my hand, and I'll show you the way. Trust me." He holds out his hand.