Chapter four

Riley's POV:

I take a sip of my smoothie.

I can't help but think, "how in the world did I end up hanging out with one of the biggest rebels/bad boys at Abigail Adams High?"

"Interesting question." Crap did I say that out loud. "I don't know how I ended up hanging out with the schools biggest no body, but your actually not to bad Matthews." Farkle says, a small smile on his lips as he takes a sip of his smoothie.

"Was that a compliment or an insult?" I ask as he laughs and shrugs.

"Whatever." I huff and take another sip of my smoothie.

"Awe come on sunshine, don't be like that. It was a joke." Farkle says as I roll my eyes.

"Yea, okay." I say pulling out my phone and checking the time.

3:15am

Wow, it's already three in the morning? The old Riley would have been freaking out about being out past ten.

The old Riley, I miss her honestly. The old Riley was the Riley that my parents still cared about and payed attention too. The old Riley was quirky, full of happiness and hope, she was always worrying about getting straight A's and would be disappointed, devastated even, if she got a B or a C. She was full of hope and promise for the world.

She's gone.

But the one thing that stayed the same was my love for Pluto.

Pluto will always be out there for me. Even when no one else is, I just think about that little planet billions of miles away, and remember that I am not alone.

But I am alone. Pluto is amazing n' all but they can't be there for me, physically, mentally, or any type of way actually.

I am alone in this cruel, harsh world that I am forced to live in.

I am truly invisible.

I'm a worthless nobody who doesn't even deserve to be in the same room as someone like Farkle, or Maya, or even my own family,

My parents don't care about me. My brothers too busy with his "wife" and soccer to hang out with me. Maya is always with her popular friends or Lucas.

I have no one.

"Sunshine?"

"Riley?"

"RILEY?!"

I am snapped out of my thoughts by Farkle yelling my name.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Are you okay? You were zoned out for like ten minutes, and your crying." Farkle leans over the table and with his thumb wipes away tears I didn't even know I was shedding.

I'm lucky my mascara is waterproof. My lipgloss wore off a few hours ago. I don't wear much make up.

"Oh, sorry about that. What were you talking about?" I ask, wiping the rest of my tears off of my tear stained face with my palm.

"I was asking you if you were tired. You don't seem like the type of girl to be out this late. It's almost four in the morning." Farkle says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Your right, I'm not. But if you want too, we can stay here and keep talking." I run my hand through my hair and take a sip of my smoothie.

If I'm being completely honest, I am extremely tired.

I really wanna go home and sleep.

But I also want to talk to Farkle. I don't really know why, a small part of me just does.

"To be honest, I'm exhausted. And I know you are too. You need to get some sleep. Thanks for the smoothie. I gotta get at least a few hours of sleep. I think Smackle wants me to go to some place with her tomorrow." Farkle says standing up, his smoothie in his hand.

"Alright."

I stand up, picking up my now empty smoothie cup and throwing it into the trash.

He pulls out a five dollar bill and places it in my hand. "What's this for?" I ask.

He shrugs. "For the smoothie. I'll see you at school Monday. By the way, your not completely invisible. I can see you." He says with a smile before walking out of Topanga's.

I blush as I look down at the crisp five dollar bill in my hand.

His words linger in my mind.

Your not completely invisible. I can see you.

I smile and walk over to the cash register, open it, and place the money inside.

Suddenly my phone chimes in my back pocket.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and smile as I see the text was from Farkle.

Sparkles: thanks for making tonight not so boring, see you Monday. Gn sunshine. 😴☀️

Sunshine: no problem. Thanks for showing me your secret hide out. That was so cool. See ya Monday. Gn sparkles. 😴✨

I shove my phone back into my pocket before turning off the machines, the lights and locking the door before walking home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone. I am currently still at school, but we are pretty much done with the school year, so we are like sort of doing whatever in our classes. Lol. Love you. Hope you like this chapter. Xxx -Kenz