Chapter fifteen

Riley's POV:

We pull away from the kiss when I hear a familiar voice.

I look over to see my blonde best friend coming in through the bay window.

"What's going on in here?" Maya asks glancing at Farkle then at me, a smirk on her face.

"Um. Maya this is-" Farkle stops me.

"I'm Farkle, her um, friend." He stutters nervously. I frown.

Friend.

"Well, Farkle, I need to talk to my best friend for a moment. Can ya give us a minute?" She asks, glancing at the door, then back at him, signaling him to leave.

He nods. "I'll be right outside. Nice meeting you, Maya."

"You too, freakle."

Farkle leaves the room. Maya grabs my hand and drags me over to the bay window.

"We need to talk."

"Yea, I know. What's up?"

She looks down at her lap.

After a minute I hear her take in a deep breath and she looks up at me.

"Riley... I need your help." I see tears brimming in her bright blue eyes.

"Maya, what happened?" I ask worriedly.

"My dads back... and he's pissed. He said that my mom and I ruined his life. He said that we made him leave. And then his new family left him so he has nothing... he's trying to take something of mine. He says that it will fix everything and that if I give it to him, he will leave me and everyone I care about alone. He wants to take my baby and start a family with them." She explains through her sobs.

"What is he trying to take?"

"I'm... I'm pregnant." She says quietly, placing her hand on her stomach, a tear rolls down her cheek.

I look at her, shocked.

"What? Who's baby is it?"

"It's Lucas's. And before you say that it can't be because it's only been a few days since that party, Lucas and I have been dating for six months now. I'm two months pregnant." She says, looking down at her stomach. I nod.

"How does your dad know about this?"

"Let's just say, your boyfriend out there, his dad is good friends with my dad. He's been paying Farkle's dad to have people follow me around for the past three months. I was in a gas station when I took the pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant. Lucas was with me. I tossed the box in the trash. The guy went in
and saw it and showed it to my dad."

What? Farkle's dad is in on this?

Does Farkle know about this?

"What do you want me to do?" I ask her.

"I don't know. I don't want to lose my baby, Riley. I don't want to abandon them like my father did to me."