Chapter 2

If you don't ask,I won't tell. Just know that,just know that it all hurts. It all hurts just the same.

2 years later

"Hurry up,Max!" Georgie yells. I open my bedroom door and look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Who you telling to hurry up?" I ask him. He smiles his cute dimpled smile and points at me. I smirk at him and put my hair in a bun. Georgie groans loudly. He never has patience just like...just like Jesse. I start to remember whenever I'm getting ready to go and he starts whining like a little kid. I shake that off.

I grab my suitcase and walk to the front door,I look down at Georgie. He has stormy grey and blue eyes-Mom's eyes. I feel sadness and pain fill inside me as I remember my last words to them. It was over a phone call after I told them about Jesse.

"I'm so nervous,Jess." I tell him as I hold my phone in my trembling hand. "We've been dating for a few years and who knows what they'll say?!"

Jesse kisses me quick on the lips and smiles. He says, "It's okay,Maxy. If your parents don't approve of me,who cares? I love you with all of my heart and you do too. That's all that matters." I nod and dial their number.

Dad answers. "Max! It's been a while seen you've last called! How's my little girl doing?" I bite my lip as I look at Jesse. He gestures for me to keep going and I do.

"Dad?" I ask.

"Yes,sweetie?"

"I need to tell you something. I've been dating this guy for a while and...and maybe you want to see him?"

Dad's laugh fills the air and I relax. "Sure I would! He could be my future son-in-law!" He says. I blush and change it to video chat and there's my dad. His brown hair fluffed up and his morning aftershave showing. His white teeth shining bright even though it's nighttime for him. He looks at Jesse and his smile turns into a small one. Crap. This is what I was afraid of. "Is this him?" He asks.

I nod and Jesse waves. "Hello. How's it going,sir?" Jesse sounds nervous too. I guess he can tell how tense Dad is.

Dad just nods and looks at me. He says, "Really,Max? You could've done so much better."

"What the fuck does that mean?" I ask him with anger. Jesse rubs my back to cool me down but it's not working this time.

"Are you sure he isn't doing drugs or something? Is he forcing you to...do things?"

I can't believe him. Here is Dad;the one I thought would accept me and Jesse's relationship and instead is the one judging Jesse just because of his tattoos. I glare at him and say, "No,Dad! He isn't forcing me to do anything! He helped me when no one else could! I love him,Dad! And if you can't accept that...then fuck off!" I hang up and look at Jesse through tears. I can't say anything when the suffocating feeling of crying surfaces. I hug him as I cry. Dad really hurt me and I could never face him again.

I wipe tears from my face and smile down at my little brother. "Ready?" I ask him. He nods. I open the door and we catch a taxi to the airport.

_____________________________________________

The summer sun sets as we land in America. I smile at seeing the lights of California. Georgie is asleep and drooling a little on me. The flight ends and I shake him a little bit. "Georgie." I whisper. "Georgie...."

He yawns and rubs at his eyes. "Mommy?" He asks. My heart breaks. He does this sometimes. He looks at me and frowns a little but smiles again. "Hi." He says. I smile back and say, "Hi,Georgie." We sigh in sync and we get our stuff and walk out of the plane.

Georgie look around the airport and asks, "Where's your friend?"

I squeeze his hand in mine. "He'll be here,sweetie. He'll be here..." I look around for him and see a man walk up to us and say, "Hey,Maxy." I smile softly. "Hi,Jesse." I reply.

I don't even recognize him. He got more tattoos and his hair is dyed blond. I tilt my head a little bit at that. He notices and smiles. "Think I look good as a blond." He tells me. I nod. Jesse gets on his knees and looks at Georgie. "How's it going,little man?" He asks.

Georgie smiles and says, "I'm good!" Jesse picks him up and he rubs his eyes and yawns. "Can we go home,Jesse?" He asks.

Jesse smiles and says, "Sure,little dude." He walks off to his car with me behind. It's so weird after all these years and I see him again. Jesse puts Georgie in the car seat in the back and takes the bags from my hands. "Thanks,Maxy." He says to me. He leans in to kiss me but I back away.

"Jesse," I warn. "Just friends,remember?"

He nods sadly, "Yeah,yeah,I know." He puts them into his trunk while I get into the passengers seat. I look at Georgie,passed out in his seat. I smile at his cute he looks. Jesse gets inside the car and starts the engine. We drive in silence as the night sky rolls in.

"I missed you."

I look at Jesse staring at me and nod. "You should pay attention to the road. We have a kid in here." I tell him.

"Max,can't we just tal-"

"No!" I sigh and look at Jesse. "You're lucky I even asked you to stay at your place. We broke up,Jesse. It's time to move on."

"It hurts to even think about moving on." He says. I shrug and tell him, "It all hurts the same."