Chapter 18

"You've been sleeping for ages," wakes him up, a faint whine in Perrie's voice. "Get up, Zayn. I want to do something. I want to shop."

Liam groans, turning over. "Sleeping," he mumbles, trying to keep his eyes shut. "Shh."

"Don't you shush me," she warns. "I'll push you right out of that bed, so help me—"

"Okay, okay." Liam sits up, running a hand through his hair. "I'm up."

"Good. Now out of bed." She drops a pile of clothing on top of him. "I've already got a car ready for us, and I checked out the directions to a few shops I really want to go to." She pauses, a winning grin on her face as she holds out her arms. "How do I look, by the way?"

Liam frowns and tries to focus his eyes. She's in some pair of extremely short shorts and a tank topish, flowy shirt that nearly passes the hemline of them. "Uh, great," Liam mumbles. "You look — yeah. Good." He lifts up his thumb and wipes at his eyes with his freehand.

Perrie makes a tisking sound with her tongue. "Oh, whatever," she sighs. "Just get out of bed, yeah? I've already got you an outfit ready. Hurry up."

"What time is it?" Liam asks as he gets out of bed.

"Eleven."

Damn. Apparently sleeping in is something Liam inherited when he inhabited Zayn's body. He never sleeps in this late, not unless he's sick or seriously hung over.

Liam reaches for the pile of clothing on the bed, finding an assortment of clothes that belong to everyone. There's a pair of Zayn's jeans, those socks definitely belong to Harry, Niall's t-shirt, and one of Louis' beanies. He doesn't remember stealing all those things from the others, but he figures he must have. Zayn ran out of clothes days ago, and he hasn't had time (or energy) to go shopping to get something proper to wear.

Liam sighs and starts undressing, until Perrie lets out a squawk. "What're you doing?" she demands, covering her eyes. "No one wants to see that, you sicko."

He just— "What?"

"Ugh, penises," Perrie groans. "I really don't understand the way the male anatomy works. They're like those little breakfast sausages when they're all limp and uncut and— ew." She shudders. "Go in the bathroom if you're taking everything off."

Liam gathers up the clothes in confusion, heading into the bathroom. He frowns at the mirror, as if Zayn's reflection can give him some sort of explanation, because Zayn himself definitely hadn't, and Perrie isn't going to. But, just like the real Zayn, he's absolutely silent in the wake of Liam's confusion, so Liam sighs again and starts undressing. (And he sneaks a peak, just to see, but Zayn is cut and it doesn't look anything like a breakfast sausage, okay?)

But why would she protest to him changing in front of her? That doesn't make any sense. A lot of things don't make any sense.

Liam dresses slowly, dragging it out, splashing water onto his face and brushing his teeth when he's done. When he comes out, Perrie's perched on the freshly made bed, adjusting the headband in her hair as she flips through her phone. "Took you long enough," she complains. "The car's been here for five minutes."

"Sorry," Liam says. "Um. Should we ask the others if they want to come?"

"No," Perrie says as she stands. "Just us for now, yeah? Let me have just an hour or two alone with my best friend, please."