Chapter 4

KAWAIII PICTURE >v<......on with the story XD

Reader POV

I know, I should be in school but here I am on a pirate ship, and I happen to be a marine. Why not do something to achieve your goal?  After I talk to Shanks he tells me to train since that is why I am going to the island for anyway. Shanks still seems a bit weary but his crew probably want to kill me right about now. I go out on deck seeing as no one was out there and decide to do a bit of meditating I enjoy meditating and strangely enough I feel way more comfortable on this ship than the marines ship. The salty air against my face is so relaxing and I find it best to meditate on the railings of the ship. I slowly see white instead of black and begin training in the white space. This mental training was taught to me by the monk of my temple back at home. It helps strengthen your mind while also teaching you to open your mind to new techniques. When I finish I see the crew staring at me. I didn't do anything right?

"Um are you guys alright" I ask seeing that the crew seems even more ready to kill me.

I noticed that the sun is going down and I have an audience. Weird. One of the crew members finally speaks.

" Whatever you were doing it was amazing" He finishes and the crew erupts into applause.

I feel a blush on my cheeks, I was only meditating.

"It looks like the show is over, everyone back to your position" Shanks says as I sit down after all of my training.

Show? I only move around a bit when I train right? That is what the monk said back at home.

"Shanks what did you mean by show, I was only meditating"

He looks at me surprised.

"Don't you know? You were doing a traditional dance, it looked like you knew it very well too" he says with a smile.

I have never attempted to do traditional dance once in my life.

" Shanks I don't know what you are talking about and I need a fan to do it properly" I say with doubt.

I can only dream of doing a dance as grateful as that.

" A fan, you had a fan but it seems to be gone now" What is going on?

"Umm Shanks are you sure" I mumble breathlessly.

This cant be true.

"Ya, you don't seem happy, what is wrong" he says frowning

"I uh need to go" I say.

"Well that is ok we just arrived" he says then points at the island not too far away.

"Thank you for everything Shanks, Chao" I then jump off of the ship into the sea.

I swim across the sea monster infested ocean and make it too the island in about 5 minutes. Fighting might not be my best quality but I sure can swim as fast as a cheetah can run, heh well that might be an exaggeration but I swim pretty darn fast. I arrive at Dawn Island and I am soaking wet, so I head straight for town. As I walk I see stacks and stacks of garbage but why is there so much? After a while I end up at a huge gate. I then overhear a conversation.

"Did you hear the man is back" I don't hear the entire conversation but I walk past the guards anyways.

Well I try to walk past the guards.

"Hold up little lady where do you think you are going?" The man says with a perverted face.

"Too close" I punch him right in the nose.

I run past him and go to the marine base before the other gaurd can catch up. It takes way longer than I expected and I get there by nightfall after I lose the gaurd. I knock on the doors and some fierce looking man comes out.

"What do you want kid" He says to me with a scowl.

"I came here because I was transferred by Vice Admiral Garp" I say looking up at his gruff face.

"Hah you!? You are just a measly girl" He says then snickers.

"Excuse me but I happen to be a marine" I say looking back up at him.

He doesn't  believe me I can tell. He looks at me one more time before slamming the door shut. This man doesn't even look like he is in charge, and this base is awfully small. I walk away and I seem to be in a village. I walk around a bit more and run into a small bar. I walk in and see few people. I sit down by the bar and spot a cute bartender. She is really pretty with her green hair and the bandanna looks really nice on her.

"Excuse me but you are really pretty" I tell her with a straight face.

"Eh, um thank you, my name is Makino. What is yours?" she says with a blush.

"I'm (f/n)" I respond.

And that is the beginning  of my adventure in Foosha Village, part of Dawn Island.