Chapter 7

"Just bring this to the Corporal and you should be able to get your new uniform, well I mean after what happened to your old one you probably need a new one"

The marine says with an even bigger blush. I was able to talk to him as I tried proving to him I was a marine as well, I also teased him because, why not.

"Thanks man I'll see ya around" I jokingly salute as I walk away

I head towards the main office hoping to avoid the trash bag meanie from before. Pffft girls can't kick butt, Haha watch me, I will get stronger and kick all the ass, him being the first. As I stroll down the corridor the doors seem to get bigger until I see the biggest door with lots of details of war and victory. The door is truly extravagant and is cool to the touch. Seriously the corporal better not be some jerk. As I knock on the door it makes a loud echoing noise as it slowly creaks open.

"What do you want"

I hear a familiar voice, one I wish I never had to hear again.

"Sir, I am here to train under...Vice Admiral Lee" (made it up because Foosha Village has no base, let me know if I am wrong thanx).

I hear a grunt but the man does not look up from his work.

"Alright you can be shown around by um, go and find someone to help, I am busy" he grumbled and scratched his beard in disdain.

"Sir I need a new uniform" when he hears, this is when he decides to look up.

"Who let you in" he snarls out

"Sir, like I had previously mentioned I had been transferred to train here by Vice Admiral Garp" my eye twitches

"Funny, you wouldn't last a day girly" his laugh thunders through the room but ends just as quick as it started "Since you seem persistent enough to come back I'll give you a taste of what us Marines really do, go get a uniform and wait in the training field"

"Sir" I salute biting my lip and making my way towards the extravagant door I came, in when I hear him murmur

"She is going to be in a world of pain if she thinks she can prance in here with a dress on"

I growl as I leave the room, what is his problem? Now girls can't wear dresses, even though I personally don't like them, being put down because of my clothes now, wow, reaching a new low.

The uniform I am given is a bit too big, but it should shrink once I wash it. I slip it on and tuck my shirt in, roll up the pant legs, and adjust my hat. I decide to leave the bandana Makino gave me on and walk towards the training field like the Dirt bag said.

I arrive and troops are lined up preparing their training. I don't really know where to start but I do see a man shouting orders and decide to ask him what I should do to begin.

"Excuse Me Sir, how should I begin my training"

The man turns to look at me and smirks "Go get in line and we will do a strength test" his finger leading my eyes towards a line of people taking turns doing push-ups and sit-ups

"Yes Sir"

As I wait in line my turn is soon nearing. The man from before is now standing in front of me.

"Do as many push-ups as you can, I expect more than 5 from you" his cocky tone loud and clear to anyone that decided to hear what he had to say.

I clench my fists and get into push-up position. I then begin.

Up
Down
Up
Down
Up
Down

This continues until I feel my arms give out, I didn't count because I was too pissed thinking about the man's remark about me. Although as I get up I see many Marines staring including the man, maybe a chief, staring.

"Sir" I salute, sweat starting to roll down my forehead

"Um yes, 164 push-ups is acceptable" he sweat drops

Ha, most new trainees can barely get to 30, I feel so pumped now. The only reason I am so strong is because I had done lots of strength training with the monk back home, as well as working on my flexibility and balance. I have all of the aspects to become a good fighter I just have no experience in fighting itself.

"Ok, let's move on to sit-ups"

pfft piece of cake