Chapter 2

Smoker POV
What the heck was that noise from outside? I stand up only to be left with nothing. It seems totally normal, that is until I hear a cry for help. I look off of the railing to see one of my men in the water. The current is really strong so if I don't help him now he will be miles away from the boat. I toss down the ladder and life preserver and he manages to get back on.

"What are you doing" I say to him while taking out a few more cigars.

"There was this fishy female who was acting strange so I took care of her, but then something punched me in the gut and I flew into the ocean" He rambled on.

Woman? Did he 'handle' Garp's trainee? Man this idiot.

"Huff, where is she now" I ask hoping the current didn't take her away.

"The current took her away sir" the marine said with a salute.

Well there is no way to find her now she will just have to get there on her own.

"Ok well go back to your post"I say.

We might as well change our course since I would rather go back to Marine Ford.

Reader POV

I look around the boat. It is eerily quiet but I don't let that get to me. I assume everyone is asleep and I should really take a shower or bath because of the salty water that is dripping off my body. They shouldn't mind. I find the bathroom without having to come in contact with the pirates. I strip then get into the relaxing water that happened to be filled. I close my eyes because the soothing water was helping my stress. After a while I get out and wrap a towel around myself. I exit the bathroom and search for my pajamas. I am positive that I left them by the door. They are not here so someone must have found them. I spot a closet on the wall and open it up hoping to find clothes of some sort. I am now face to face with a pervert who is holding my panties. I hit him in the head while retrieving my clothes and head back into the bathroom. What the heck is wrong with people today? I exit out of the bathroom with my now dry hair that is in desperate need of combing. I take the thick strands of my hair and braid it to the side. That should be fine for now. I am also in need of a new highlight, maybe red. I spot the pervert still laying on the ground with what looks like a nosebleed. I step over him and go back onto the main deck. Is is sunny and hot out and my long sleeved shirt and sweatpants are not helping. I tear one of my sweatpant legs above the knee and roll my sleeves up. Much better. As I look around I see more faces. Actually I feel like I am surrounded by people now. I just look for the person who I think is the captain. None of the people around me look familiar either. Then I spot him. A man with red hair and what seems to be one arm. He has to be the Captain. I walk up to him and he seems to be holding back a grin. I reach my hand out when all of the crew members ready their weapons. I don't feel intimidated so I reach for his hand. I get a firm grasp then look into his eyes. They seem to hold a bit of confusion. I continue on. I firmly shake his hand and introduce myself.

"Hello Sir my name is (f/n) and I am a marine" the crew is just a second away from shooting me but the Captain seems to hold their fire, must be very well respected "I happened to climb aboard your ship and am sorry for any intrusion" I finish.

He doesn't seem worried and grips my hand back then he starts to speak

"Haha you are a funny kid (f/n), my name is Shanks and thank you for your honesty, as you can tell we are pirates," he says then looks around the ship "you can stay on but in order to do that you would have to show your trustworthiness"

I look at him, dead serious is the expression he has.

"Ok that is fine with me Shanks" I let go of his hand and step back one. "What should I do to show you my trustworthiness" I ask not really caring what I have to do I just want to enjoy this small detour.

"You have to state where you are going and why" Shanks said with a grin.

That's not hard and it isn't like I know any 'valuable' information.

"Ok well I was on my way to Dawn Island, because Garp assigned for me to train there" I say looking intrigued by the current situation I am in.

"That is great we are on our way there too" Shanks boomed.

I smile even if it is just a bit. Shanks sure is nice, this is a great way to make enemies into friends, possibly.