Chapter 6

"Hahahah and then sh-" as I walked in Shanks stopped talking and both him and Makino turned to look at me.

"Ahh there she is, wait how are you here the bar hasn't opened" 

"Well I stayed the night thanks to Makino"  I smile at him and to her as I walk to ask for a brush,  "Hey Makino do you have anything I could use to"  I say as I indicate my dripping hair.

"Haha sure let me do it,  Hey Shanks we can catch up later since I know you will get hungry anyway"  she giggles as we head up the stairs hearing Shanks saying a faint "you know it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There looking good (f/n)". 

As I walk over to look in the mirror I see my hair put up nicely in a beautiful up do with a bandana,  courtesy of Makino. 

"Makino it looks beautiful"  I say smiling at her,  I then realise I need to get going. 

"Thank you Makino I appreciate everything you have done for me, I will make sure to repay you"  I say as I bow

"Oh don't worry about it,  if you need you can stay until you find another place". 

"THANK YOU MAKINOOOOO"  I hug her with all my might. 

"Cant breath"  I faintly hear her say,  I let go and apologize. 

"Well Makino I will make sure to get into the base so you wont need to worry" we walk to the front door and I wave goodbye as I walk towards the base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The area is big and I just hope I don't get lost in the way back,  the base is close I can feel it. As I walk down the road a big breeze pushes a wanted poster near me.  I only got a glimpse but I could tell who it was, the one and only Portages D. Ace.  He is an infamous pirate I would like to meet one day,  it will help me with revenge. I continue to stroll down the street, dress blowing in the wind with my hands in my pockets with the wanted poster neatly folded in hand.  Soon enough I reach the base.  Welp it's about time I get to work.  I knock on the door once again,  but instead of that rag bag of a monster, a different marine opens the gate. 

"Ummmm how can I help you"  he asks and I notice a blush. 

Heh must be looking good (f/n).

"Well I am a marine and I have been transfered by Admiral Garp"  I say hoping he lets me in at least.

"Ah okay lets get you checked in"  he says with a smile and leads the way. 

Finally someone who won't discriminate against a female marine.