Chapter 3

Reader POV

I still have no clue why Shanks is on his way towards Dawn Island but I better behave myself, I am still on a pirate ship. Even with all the commotion Shanks seems to want to talk with me some more.

"Hey Shanks" I start,

"Ya (f/n)" he says with a big smile.

"Wanna talk for a bit" I say.

"Great Idea" he gestures with a genuine smile.

I followed him to the bar on his HUMONGOUS ship. Some things I have already noticed about him is that he is tall compared to me, has one arm, and seems very nice. I also really like the color of his hair, maybe I will dye my hair with a few scarlet streaks.

Shanks POV
This (f/n) character sure seems like a cool girl. She just seems a bit, hmm whats the word, mature maybe? Nahh she is still a kid. Better keep an eye out on her. I decide to lead the way to the bar for our conversation to take place. Hopefully I can uncover any crazy theories from my head. I sit down at one of the stools as he shuffles behind me.

"Do you have any reason for why you are headed to Dawn Island?" I ask curious.

"Garp told me to go to Dawn island so I could train and become a better marine" she said with a shrug.

"Hmm well you can spar with me if you want" I say with a grin.

Always good to know just in case.

"Umm are you sure" she says with a bit of uneasiness.

"Sure it's fine, we can talk after" I say standing up from the stool.

We walk back out of the bar into on of my training rooms. Hand to hand sparring sounds good to start with.

"lets start with your punches and kicks' I say.

"Ok" she mumbles.

She gets into a fighting pose, a bit unusual if I might add. Her feet are spread apart like she is ready to lunge at me at any moment.

I grunt giving her the signal to start.

She lunges forward, one word for (f/n), fast. I block her kicks and punches. For a young girl she packs a punch and has a strong kick. I can tell how concentrated she is as she goes in for a roundhouse kick.

"You are open" I say as I Palm strike her in the stomach.

She skids across the wood leaving a mark. Hmm good balance and can take a punch. Pretty strong. Problem is she is already breaking a sweat.

"(f/n) lets go talk now" I say walking towards the door.

"tsk" I hear her suck her teeth under her breath.

Sad to say but she doesn't pose as a threat to me or the crew, but I do see potential in the girl.

Reader POV

I feel rage burning inside of me. Too weak. More training. Prove who is right. Become successful. Revenge. I don't like to show many emotions It lets the other person know what you are thinking and I don't like being read like a book. I follow Shanks to where ever he is taking me and we end up in a different, smaller room than the one from before. The walls are different from the others and there is a huge bed in the center. Shanks room maybe? Why the heck am I in a Grown Pirate Mans room. I don't think much of it when I spot a certain wall. Books, Bounty Posters, and a treasure chest.

"(f/n) come sit" Shanks says.

I turn my head to him and see that he is sitting in a chair with another chair and desk in front. Like he said I walk over and sit.

"Ok so I would like to know how old you are" He says with a huge smile.

"17" I say (a/n, just go with it or you can change it to your age).

He looks a bit shocked to say the least. What is my age that shocking? He quickly composes himself and asks another question,

"Have you ever thought about becoming a Pirate"

Disgust quickly enters my mind, that scum. Not all pirates are bad but majority, yes.

"I actually have but to achieve my goal I must be a marine" I say with my head tilted down a bit.

A bit of time goes by. Maybe he is analyzing my answer. I look back up and see a hint of worry towards me. Showing feeling to your 'enemy', what's up with him anyway?