Chapter 5

Reader POV

Oh man the sun is soooo bright. I groan as I try to remember where I am. The walls around me are clean, small but comfy feeling, and the only furniture in the small room  is the bed and a tall mirror. Oh and 2 doors on opposite ends. I get up and make the bed, nice cotton sheets that smell like lavender and lilac cover the plush mattress that I wish would engulf me again. But I have to get to the base no matter how much of a sack bag the admiral might be. I open one door but it seems to be a closet, many dresses hang from the wall and an array of colored bandannas. Hmm vaguely similar to Makino's. Oh I see, I am in Makino's guest room. I walk towards the other door and pass the long mirror on the wall. My hair is a mess and the salt from the sea makes it ten times worse. My clothes on the other hand are damp and dirty, I also don't smell to well. Maybe Makino will let me take a shower. I walk out the door and walk down the hallway. I end up in the kitchen where Makino seems to be preparing something.

"Oh hello there (f/n), would you like some breakfast"

"Oh yes please" my stomach growls "haha I haven't eaten since I got here".

I sit across from her at the bar and watch her finish cooking.

"I hope you are feeling okay, once you got here you seemed to be a little light headed" she says with a bit of concern

"I feel fine, thanks to you, I appreciate you letting me stay the night"

"Oh you must also need a shower, you can take one after you eat, and I can also find you a cute dress to wear" She says with a smile. "although it might be sort of a hand me down because I can no longer wear it" She giggles at that.

"Makino you are the kindest person I've met here" I reach over to hug her

"Oh you must be joking, the villagers can be sweet if they get to know you" she pats my back in return.

 "Then what about the Admiral at the Navy base, he seems kinda jerky to me" I mumble. 

"heh well he is a scary one,  doesn't get along with the people much either"  she says with a shrug

"I guess not everyone can be as nice as you Makino"  I say as I bite into the delicious breakfast just for me. 

"Makino this is great"  I say my eyes sparkling. 

"Oh it's no big deal,  I do have to be good in the kitchen if I want to have a job"  she chuckles at that. "The bathroom is the room right across the guest room,  I will leave the clothes in the bathroom"  Makino says as she walks away to do just that.

I slowly work on eating,  savoring every bit of this nice homemade meal. 

"Haaaaa that was good"  I pat my stomach and walk towards the bathroom. 

Makino must have went back to the bar.  I look around, a nice small,  but clean, bathroom. The bright walls puts me in a better mood.  The warm water soon hits my body as the salt flows down the drain back to where it belongs. The soaps are nice and I feel a bit guilty using them because they smell fantastic. Soon enough I am clean and feeling refreshed. I put on the dress Makino left me, I am not a big fan of dresses but this one has pockets so there is an exception. I walk to where I think Makino will be because I am still in desperate need of a hair brush. As I try to tame my hair and comb my finger through it, big mistake, I see a mop of red hair, well I guess we were bound to meet again but this is way sooner than I could have imagined.