c h a p t e r : 2

"And when the lights start flashing like a photo booth
And the stars exploding
We'll be fireproof
My youth
My youth is yours
Trippin' on skies, sippin' waterfalls
My youth
My youth is yours
Run away now and forevermore"
-YOUTH, Troye Sivan

---

It was Lilli's "second day" in Central City, and she had already made a list of the things she wanted to do and see. Lilli liked to be organized and punctual, but her scatterbrain really didn't help with either of those things. But now, at the moment, Lilli found herself at a bar ranting to her older sister about her awkward encounter with Barry with an A.

"He was totally creeped out, I could see it in his expression. I just stripped in front of him. I just stripped off my clothing!" Lilli took another shot. "Jade, he had the cutest green eyes. He was so tall. At least 6'2". He was hot AND he offered to wash my shirt and get me more ice cream." Another shot. "I love ice cream. And hot boys." Another shot. "But y'know, he has my phone number, address, and name so I'll definitely see more of that 'Barry with an A' Allen. It's not like he'll remember I took my top off in front of him." Another shot.

"Sure..."

Jade looked at her sister with a little worry in her eyes. Lilli was definitely drunk. Jade thought she was a big girl and she could make her own decisions, so there was no need to try and stop her.

Hopefully.

"Come'on Lil, let's not spend my last couple days in Central City with you drunk ranting about this guy. He's just a guy."

Lilli set down the shot she was about to consume. 

"You know what?" Lilli asked with a slur. "There's that too. You're leaving this marvelous city and me behind. And what, to go to Starling City? What could possibly be in Starling City, huh?"

"You're drunk. You don't know what you're saying."

"No! I completely know what I'm saying. You're leaving me behind. You don't want to live with me anymore. And when you're in this 'Starlight City', you're going to join a gang and do drugs."

"That's not me anymore, Lilli."

"It is! It always has been and it always will be."

Lilli crossed her arms and looked away from her sister and Jade glanced down at her feet in embarrassment. The two sisters sat in silence for a while not daring to look at each other.

"We should be getting home," Jade said breaking the ice of silence.

"Yeah, whatever."

They took the Ferrari home. Jade went ten over the sped limit because she dispised this awkward tension between them. When they were back at the apartment, Lilli still hadn't spoken a word. Jade told her that she would be upstairs if Lilli needed anything. Lilli had barely made it to the couch before the alcohol overcame her.

---

Lilli arose to a blinding light, an upset stomach, and a throbbing headache. Hungover. She was definitely hung over. She couldn't remember much of what occurred last night, just up to the point where she was ranting about Barry with an A. Her sister came down all dressed and prepped for work. Jade set a bottle of pills and a glass of water on the coffee table beside the hung over Lilli on the couch. Jade was acting a little strange, but when Lilli asked what was wrong, she had said nothing. Lilli quickly apologized to her older sister for being hungover as she left out the door.

Lilli rubbed her eyes and flopped back down onto the leather sectional. Ice cream did not sound too appealing at the moment. Lilli reached over for the pills Jade had brought her, but managed to roll off the couch onto the floor instead.