c h a p t e r : 12

"To the soldier, the civilian,
The martyr, the victim,
This is war."
-Thirty Seconds to Mars, This is War

Lilli found herself alone in her apartment. Again.

A little brown box sat on the table in front of her. Lilli's eyes perused over the cheap cardboard. On the packaging sticker and little name in black print stood out. Jade Beckham. It has been weeks since the holidays, and Lilli was wondering when this would come. Lilli's moved closer and placed her finger under the tap holding everything together. Her fingers waved and she pushed the box away with a sigh.

---

Caitlin Snow, Harrison Wells, Cisco Ramon. Those three names were the only thing on Lilli's mind.

Lilli sat in her office at Wayne Biotech not doing work as usual. Annika hadn't come into work yet, and Lilli had promised herself she would ask Annika about Cisco. The whole situation was one big mess. One big tangle of knots, one string leading to the other. Lilli hated mysteries.

So Lilli sat, trying to figure out this mystery of connections. She smacked her computer monitor a couple times before the familiar sign-in screen had shown up. Lilli took little sips of her coffee waiting for the home screen to load. When the computer had done it's work, Lilli quickly moved the mouse and clicked on Google Chrome. With furrowed eyebrows, she typed the name Harrison Wells into the search bar.

A plethora of articles and pictures had popped up on the monitor in less than a second. Lilli was in a particularly lazy mood, so she just clicked the first link on the screen.

Harrison Wells: A Doomed Man

Article Submitted By: Anonymous

After the recent Particle Accelerator explosion, Harrison Wells, creator of S.T.A.R Labs, has been getting attacked and threatened by many angry citizens of Central City. The explosion had not only ruined many lives in Central City, but also ruined the Creator's life itself. Harrison Wells, as we recently learned, has loss the use in both legs, and is stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. S.T.A.R Labs was heard to be closed, but until recently, that is not a solid statement. I had tried to talk to Wells after seeing him by Central Park. He had seemed angry and flustered and just plain mysterious - her would not answer any of my questions no matter how gracious I asked. But he had almost answered one: "What are you doing now Harrison?" Wells had abruptly stopped himself as he was about to answer my question. He drove away angry in his motorized wheelchair after that. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Harrison Wells is the most hated man in Central City.

Lilli clicked out of the article with wide eyes and suspicions confirmed. But who exactly was Harrison Wells? He was a mystery not only to Lilli, but to Central City as well. The next name was Caitlin Snow.

Harrison Wells was a popular face, but with Caitlin Snow, there was nothing to be found. All that popped up on google was the name "Ronnie Raymond." But Lilli decided to take a shot at it. Curiosity pushed you to your limits. Curiosity made Lilli crave for answers. Answers to the names Hartley Rathaway had so easily given to The Flash. Why did he say those names to The Flash? As Lilli clicked the article about Ronnie Raymond, the answer had come to her.

Lilli didn't realize why it had took so long to figure out. Obviously, these names are working with The Flash. That means that The Flash is probably working with S.T.A.R Labs considering the whole Harrison Wells dilemma. Somehow, Lilli needed to get into S.T.A.R Labs. And she knew how.

She turned her attention back to the computer screen,

S.T.A.R Labs Kills Own Employee