c h a p t e r : 7

"You're a germ
Twist my own sights
You're a germ
We hear the fight"
-You're a Germ, Wolf Alice

It was that typical I don't know what to wear nights for Lilli. She had texted Annika and asked but there was still no response, which wasn't really a surprise. Lilli went with her gut and slid on a loose maroon dress with one strap and greek sandals. She curled her hair slightly just so there was enough wave.

Lilli contemplated her look while tilting her head side to side

Lilli contemplated her look while tilting her head side to side. This would have to do. She wanted to look special for her first formal date night with Barry. It was a big step for her, considering Lilli hasn't been on an official date since Parker. Lilli glanced down at her wrist to check the time. Nothing wrong with arriving little early.

Lilli turned and jumped.

---

Many people were bustling outside Manila, many of which, were on dates. Lilli smiled to herself as she studied the outside of the restaurant. It was mostly windows with black covers over the top, fairy lights hung down from the top. The name of the restaurant was printed across the front window and the building itself seemed to be built from an older red brick building that had already existed.

Barry was nowhere to be found, so Lilli decided to head in a grab a table

Barry was nowhere to be found, so Lilli decided to head in a grab a table. The restaurant was nice and homey. String lights and very tumblr artwork littered the restaurant, and classical music played gently in the background. Lilli took a deep breath and put on her best smile. She walked up to the hostess, who in fact, seemed to look very annoyed.

"A table for two?" Lilli asked raising her eyebrows.

The hostess groaned rather rudely. "That will be a thirty minute wait."

Lilli nodded and grabbed the buzzer from the hostess. "Thanks."

There were no extra seats to sit in and wait, so Lilli just stood. She stood there and thought about Barry. She thought about the Flash and Obsidian. Lilli couldn't think straight. So when Barry walked into the restaurant, Lilli didn't noticed.

"Um, hello?"

Lilli's shook out her head and gained her wits. Barry looked at her with the same expression of the hostesses. He sighed and stuffed his hands into his pockets.