c h a p t e r : 11

"You can't wake up, this is not a dream,
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being,
With your face all made up, living on a screen,
Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline"
-Halsey, Gasoline

---

Never ever had Lilli experienced a day like that.

It just happened - it was quite peculiar. She went against Obsidian's judgment. Her judgement. Although something about it felt utterly right. So, of course, Lilli found herself back outside on her balcony thinking to the abnormal day...

It all started with the Acid Man - not directly. But he had a henchman.

His sister.

"Another meta seems to be causing havoc on 7th street. CCPD advises everyone to stay away."

Lilli was gone in a blink.

She landed with a thud in front of a large company building with many windows. Windows were shattered, and glass strewn across the sidewalk below. The shattered sign that sat to her right had the gold plated words Rathaway Industries. A guy in a black hoodie turned around at the noise, slowing bringing his gloved hands to his sides. The guy smirked as he lowered his hood. He was cute - dark hair, fair skin, and black rimmed glasses. Lilli's eyes scanned over him, surveying every detail. His hands hands were covered by gloves which looked very high tech. They glowed green against the actual silver metal gloves.

"Now, who are you?"

His words were slow and sinister causing the hair on the back on Lilli's neck to stand. Just as she was about to speak, she felt a gust of wind at her side. The Scarlet Speedster stood beside her, hands on his hips. Lilli had a strong urge to punch speedy right in the nose, but she stood firm, ignoring his presence by looking at the guy in front of her. The Flash didn't wait another moment. He ran up with super speed and pushed the guy down. Lilli jumped to stand next to the man in red.

"It's over Rathaway," The Flash said with a slight nod of his head.

The guy on the pavement smiled slightly. "You know my name."

Then there was a pause. Obsidian and The Flash glanced at each other. Rathaway's smile dropped from his face and he gave the two metahumans a serious look.

"I know some names too," Rathaway piped up. "Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramon, and Harrison Wells."

Lilli took a step back. Cisco Ramon? She made a mental note to look up the other names later.

"I can hear the radio waves emanating from your suit. Of 1900 megahertz... Is that them on the other end listening? Are they gonna hear you die?"

 Is that them on the other end listening? Are they gonna hear you die?"

"Shut it snot bag," Obsidian growled.

Rathaway didn't give her a glance. The Flash gave a little smile and shook his head.

"No. They're gonna hear you get your ass kicked."

"Damn," Obsidian mumbled while shaking her head. "You're gonna need some aloe vera for that burn."

"Okay," Rathaway mumbled before thrusting out his hand.

Waves seemed to emit straight from his hand, and The Flash went flying back through the once glass sign. Lilli moved fast. She threw her weight forward and punched the douche in the nose. She disappeared out of sight from both men. A loud crack was sounded throughout the area as Obsidian's foot crashed into Rathaway's side. He fell hard to the ground, and her dark purple painted lips formed a smirk. Rathaway's hands flew out and waves flew through the air into Obsidian. The Flash stood up, running to the police cars, and throwing their batons at Rathaway. The Flash was angry, and there was no stopping him. He zoomed up and ripped the gloves off of Rathaway's hands.

"It looks like you're not as smart as everyone says," The Flash smiled while gripping Rathaway by the collar. Lilli pushed herself up from the ground and listened in closely to their conversation.

"Smart enough to figure out who Harrison Wells really is..."

Lilli was confused. Harrison Wells? As in S.T.A.R Labs Harrison Wells?

The Flash's attention wasn't on Rathaway anymore, but something behind him. Lilli raised her eyebrows asking "What?" before The Flash yelled "Duck!"

Lilli quickly dropped to her knees and threw her hands over her head. A pile of oozing green slime hit the nearest police car, sizzling as it ate away the metal. Lilli jumped her feet and spun around. The face she saw took her by surprise. It wasn't Acid Man.

It was Acid...Woman?

The tall woman stood there, twirling her long blonde hair and smacking on bubblegum. Lilli looked back her purple hair whipping around and yelled, "Go! I got this one!"

The Flash nodded and scooped up Rathaway. They were both gone in a red blur.

"You took something from my brother," Acid Woman trailed off. "And I'm here to get it back."

That's when all hell broke loose.

Acid Woman threw her hands out in front of her, green acid shot right from her fingertips. Lilli jumped barely escaping the deadly slime. A strong sense of deja vu washed over her. Only this time, she hoped that The Flash would come.

He would come. 

Lilli stopped for a split second grabbing her knife out of it's holster. If it worked once, maybe it can work again. But that was enough time. Acid Woman shot again, slime coming from nowhere. The acid just skimmed Lilli's arm, scorching the suit and her top layer of skin. Lilli fell to down to her right knee, howling in pain. She quickly stood up and jumped.

She hid behind a dumpster far from Acid Woman. Lilli could still see the tall figure. She was turning in slow circles looking for the hero dressed in black.

"Oh, you're afraid of a little acid? Must not be a good hero... To bad The Flash isn't here to help you!"

Her words were the que. A red blur flew by and swept Acid Woman's legs out from underneath of her. Lilli took a deep breath and jumped. She wasn't weak. She wasn't going to let The Flash do her job for her.

Acid Woman shot her deadly goo at The Flash, but of course, missed. While Acid's attention was on the Scarlet Speedster, Lilli kicked her in the side and swung her fist across the blonde's porcelain face. Lilli scooted over as The Flash came in and repeated Obsidian's hits.

Acid Woman didn't stand a change.

After she was beat up some more by Obsidian, The Flash came in with a fast punch, causing Acid to fall to the ground unconscious. Lilli brushed off her hands like it was no big deal and gave The Flash a sideways glance. Speedy stood there, panting.

"Just this once," Lilli mumbled before turning away and jumping into nothingness.

---

A/N:

This gif makes me laugh, and it goes with the Hartley chapter, so its perfect . Gotta love Cisco!

-Lex