c h a p t e r : 4

"Everyday people do everyday things but I
Can't be one of them
I know you hear me now, we are a different kind
We can do anything
We could be heroes
We could be heroes, me and you"
-Heroes, Alesso ft. Tove Lo

---

Lilli stood there, in the middle of the road, hands clenched at her sides, waiting for the Jeeps impact.

But there wasn't any.

She felt like she was swept off her feet for a second and then abruptly look down. All she saw was a red blur and she was one the sidewalk and the Jeep was crushed into a brick wall nearby. Lilli sucked in a deep breath through her nose and frantically looked around. What the hell was that?

It had knocked Lilli senseless

It had knocked Lilli senseless. She itched her head and slowly creeped her way to the Jeep. The sounds of Sirens were getting closer and Lilli stood there tapping her foot nervously. The past events that had just occurred didn't register quite yet in her mind.

Lilli debated about calling her sister, but she remembered the note. I got you a Jeep, don't fuck it up. Lilli started to sweat at this point, and she was nearly on the edge of a nervous breakdown and the police cars squealed up to the scene.

"Miss, what happened here?"

A young looking detective with blonde hair walked up to her with a questioning look on his face. He glanced at the destroyed Jeep and back at Lilli.

"I-I was crossing the street and the car came barreling out of nowhere. S-Something p-pushed me out of the way, but I'm not quite sure what it was..."

He studied her face and then nodded. "Alright. You look a little shaken. I'm gonna have to sit down," he said guiding to her to a sitting position.

Lilli sat and put her head into her hands.

---

Lilli made her way to the leather couch and flopped down. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and swiftly googled 'Wayne Biotech Central City'. She was still shaken up from her near death experience, but Lilli needed to do something to take her mind of of it. The list of search results came up, and she  tapped the link to the company's website. There were many tabs at the top of the website, one especially sticking out to Lilli. She clicked on the blue tab with white lettering reading APPLY. A new tab popped reading, Stop in at Wayne Biotech and apply for a job today! Now only if she had her Jeep to get there.

Then a thought had blossomed in Lilli's head. Ah, what the hell, what could go wrong?

Lilli tossed her phone and stood up with great audacity. She closed her eyes and thought of the blank space of hers, the one she had feared going into days before. Then she jumped. When Lilli's feet landed back on the floor with a thud, her eyes snapped open. Sure enough, she was standing in the middle of the bright white room, a door in front of her, and a door behind. Let's see if I can manipulate this.She ran to the door and front of her and pulled it open with a great force. In this short time she was thinking of where she wanted this magical door to take her.