Chapter Two: He Wants Us

"He's got her. He's got her; I know it." 

Demeter, a golden and black tabby queen, sat unmoving on top of a stack of battered wooden crates in the corner of the junk yard, staring into nothing with wide dark eyes. Her fur, although scruffy, was short and silky, and a small leather collar studded with silver spikes hung round her neck. She felt paralyzed with fear; held in a trance just from thinking of His name. Her slight body trembled gently in the cool night air, and she fixed her eyes on the moon up ahead in the black sky. The moment she'd heard that one of the kittens had gone missing Demeter knew who was responsible. She didn't want to think about what He was planning to do with her. A striking red queen, similar looking to Demeter, leaped up onto a bent bed post so she was at equal height to the other cat. 

"You don't know that Demi," said the she-cat, whose name was Bombalurina. Her best friend ignored her and shook her head slowly, still deep in thought. Bomba didn't know what to do or how to comfort Demeter, and deep down she too knew it was Macavity who'd taken Etcetera. Demeter couldn't even say his name. Bomba didn't much like thinking about him either. She sighed, knowing there wasn't anything she could say to comfort her friend. She tried anyway.

"It'll be okay," she went on. "Misto's gonna save her, okay? He'll bring her back in no time and then we won't ever have to think of him agai-"

"For the love of Heaviside, don't bother!"

Bombalurina's mouth snapped shut at her friend's harsh words. Demeter's eyes were wild and fierce with hatred and grief. 

"You don't get it, do you? Why do you think he took her?! He took her because he wants something from us. That's the only reason that cat ever does anything! He didn't take her for the fun of it! If he ever lets her go it's not gonna be without a price is it?! He wants something, and of everything we've got what is it you think he wants the most?"

The bright red queen's ears flattened as she realised the truth in Demeter's words. He wanted them. That's all it could possibly be. Macavity wanted them

Hey, guys! Just saying if you want to make a request for a fanfic just message me! Cats related would be great but it doesn't have to be! There are some things I don't know enought about to write about but I'll see what I can do. Oh shiiiiiiit: Macavity is such a bitch tbh like stop omg. Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading :3 xxx