Intro :3

I know the Cats fandom (on here especially) is pretty small, so I wanted to introduce the characters I'm going to write about and give you some context so that if you've never seen Cats you'll still have some idea of what the Hell is going on. Little reminder that the characters and names are NOT mine, I only made up the plot. I know some of my head canons are quite different to those of other Cats fans but this is just the way I see/like to imagine things. 

Cats, besides being the best musical in the world, is basically the story of (you guessed it) a bunch of cats that meet once a year for the Jellicle ball where loadsa cool shit happens. All the characters are amazing and completely unique and I've always liked how there are so many different head canons across the fandom because there is actually very little confirmation about everyone's relationships with each other. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend you look it up on YouTube and watch a bit because it's brilliant and the songs are fab. But whether you're a fan or not, I hope you enjoy! Here are the characters and some terms that will come up that are useful to know. 

Macavity: he's like your stereotypical villain of the cat world. He's a bad bitch. I've got a very detailed backstory for him that I'm writing a separate book about, but basically he has magical powers stronger than those of any other cat, but because of his past he turned against the Jellicles and used his powers for evil. He is the son of Deuteronomy and the older brother of Munkustrap and Tugger. Referred to by most cats as "Him". Kinda like Voldemort. Okay I'll stop now. 

Etcetera/Etcy: a little cream coloured tabby who is really sweet and cute. She's constantly fangirling over Tugger and she loves Misto too. She gets kidnapped by Macavity. Hence the name.

Mr. Mistoffelees/Misto: a small, black and white Tuxedo cat with magical powers. He's one of the younger cats in the tribe and although he's still learning how to control his magic he's very clever and powerful. 

The Rum Tum Tugger/Tugger: a black Maine coon with leopard spots and golden fur. All you need to know is he's VERY flirty and rude and has a big crush on Misto. He's the one who used to be in my profile pic. The sexy one. Yeah.

Bombalurina: a beautiful fiery red queen who is extremely sassy and confident. She's like the female version of Tugger except less cocky and annoying. Tugger and her have been best friends since they were kittens and she still has the biggest crush on him. She's very loyal and determined and she'll stand up for anything she believes in with a passion. She'd lay down her life for Demeter, who's basically like a sister to her. She's actually really funny and friendly once you earn her trust. Oh and she used to be dating Macavity but he dumped her and mistreated her a lot. 

Demeter/Demi: Bomba's best friend. She's a small golden tabby queen the same age as Bombalurina. She has been emotionally damaged by her time with Macavity. She's very skittish and suspicious of everyone, and she is always paranoid that Macavity is watching her. This hatred and distrust of him has lead to her coming across as cold and short tempered, and she doesn't trust most toms, Tugger especially. She hates him and tries to keep out of his way at all times. Despite this, deep down she's very loyal and caring. 

Plato: the oldest of the Jellicle kittens who is very bitchy and judgmental. He has a problematic past (separate book about that too lmao) and this makes him come across as cold and emotionless but deep down he's playful and kind, he just finds it hard to trust people and pushes others away a lot. He's a thin, pale, brown and white tabby with dark narrow eyes and sharp claws. He looks up to Tugger a lot but finds pretty much everyone else annoying. I love him tbh he's my spirit animal. 

Munkustrap: the Jellicles' second in command. A silver and black tabby, very protective and kind hearted and an all round kewl guy.

Old Deuteronomy: The Jellicle leader. Munkustrap, Tugger, and Macavity's dad. 

I think that's it? If I mention anyone else I'll add it in. Here are some used terms:

A Pollicle is a kind of dog.
Everlasting Cat is the cat equivalent of God.
Heaviside is basically cat heaven. 
A Jellicle cat is a special kind of cat that is elite and small and clever. Watch it on YouTube and the first song is basically explaining it in loads of detail. Too much detail than is necessary in my opinion, but they're all proud asf so they won't shut up about it. I jest.

If you read this far, thank you, and I hope you enjoy! :3 xxx