Ch-1 King of Hearts Coronation

Francis walks into the Castle of Hearts. His Jack followed behind him. Francis walks to his designated seat before sitting down and glancing over to Queen Arthur. The pair made eye contact and Francis sent the Queen a little smile, Queen Arthur glares back before both move their gaze up towards Queen Kiku.

"Hello I would like to thank you all for coming." Queen Kiku says. Francis sighs, he'd been through a few coronations before this one. He quickly realized that they were all the same. "I will now introduce King Ludwig Beilschmidt of Hearts." A large blonde stepped forward and knelt in front of Queen Kiku. The Queen delicately placed a large gold crown on the alpha's large head. Once the main coronation was over Francis saw Queen Arthur stand up and grab a glass of wine. The Spadian then moved over to Queen Kiku and King Ludwig. Francis moves and joins the small group.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." King Ludwig says to Queen Arthur.

"You'll regret saying that." Francis butts into the conversation. Queen Arthur gives Francis a slight glare before relaxing his face.

"Oh shush." Francis knew Queen Arthur would not give off a bad impression in front of a new royal.

"Why are there no royals from Clubs?" Queen Kiku asks.

"You didn't hear about what happened to them?" Queen Arthur asks in shock.

"No we didn't." King Ludwig says.

"They are dead. It was a carriage accident that happened yesterday. I assume you didn't hear due to the fact that you were preparing for the coronation." Francis says. The King and Queen of Hearts gasp simultaneously. Francis had to hold back an eye roll. He knew the gasps were faked. They would be more annoyed at the deaths then shocked. Jack Yao arrived and introduced himself. Francis noticed Queen Arthur and Jack Yao whispering to each other before Queen Arthur frowns and the two lean away from each other. The group start to split up, so Francis made his way over to a noticeable individual.

"Hello Matthew." Francis says softly. He stood next to the tall omega. The omega pushed his glasses up further.

"Hello King Francis." Matthew replies softly back, a little blush covering his cheeks.

"I see you made it all the way from Spades. How did your family take it?" Francis asks.

"My mother was surprised at me suddenly wanting to move to Diamonds and also deciding to go to the King of Hearts coronation. My brother was furious; he couldn't believe me so I can't say I left on great terms with him. I did tell them that I would be working in the castle and if they wanted to visit where they could find me. My father said that I need to write to them once a month." Matthew glanced around, noticing some guards looking at him and King Francis. "Are you sure this is alright? I mean if we get caught I could..." Matthew trails off nervously.

"You could be killed? Do not fear my dear Matthew, I will not allow any harm to come to you." Francis smiles lightly. The pair were still staring straight ahead; not facing each other. "Now if you'll excuse me I need to attend to some business." Francis says.

"Queen Arthur?" Matthew questions.

"Yes, now remember to meet me in my room tonight." Francis says before moving away from Matthew. His blue eyes zoned in on Queen Arthur, said Queen turned around to make eye contact with Francis. The alpha quickly strode towards the Spadian.

"May I have this dance?" Francis questions. He offers his hand, which Queen Arthur takes, before moving them into the middle of the ballroom. The pair starts to dance before the King and Queen of Hearts also join. Everyone's attention leaves Francis and Queen Arthur, instead looking to watch the Heartisan Royals dance. Francis slowly dances his way to the door. The pair slip out and instantly Queen Arthur starts talking.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Queen Arthur says.

"It's because you love the thrill of being rebellious." Francis replies. The alpha opens a random door and the pair slips in. It was an office obviously used by a head servant.

"It's not the best, but it'll have to do." Francis sighs.

"You're acting like this is some special occasion." Queen Arthur chuckles.

"Well your father is dead, so this may be the last time forever." Francis says as he puts his arm on the table and shoves all the parchment and pens off the table. He honestly didn't care about the servant's things.

"Well if the new King is an idiot and your mother stays alive for a while longer, this may not be the last time." Queen Arthur responds as he sits himself on the desk. Francis leans forward and puts a hand on either side of Arthur. The door is opened and the two turn to look at the messenger with an annoyed look.

"King Francis of Diamonds I bring you a message." The person says as he stands straight.

"Well you caught me at a bad time, so leave." Francis glares. He did not want to be interrupted and he was debating whether he should jail the boy or leave him be.

"I'm sorry sir this is very important." The messenger says.

"Well hurry it up." Francis sighs. Arthur rests his head on Francis' chest. Francis feels a slight smile grace his features.

"I'm here to report the death of Queen Adeline of Diamonds." The messenger quickly left. Francis froze in his place. Arthur grabbed Francis shirt before the alpha could run off. Francis had a million thoughts running through his head. When he left his mother was in perfect condition, how did she die only a week after being perfectly fine?

"Shhh, don't worry just forget about that for now." Arthur murmurs. Francis nods and the pair continues.

Jack Yao and Basch shook their heads as they heard the news of the death. The two Jacks had thought about searching for their leaders however they knew better then to try and find them at this point in time.

Once Francis dressed himself again he left the room. Leaving Queen Arthur to recover and dress himself. Francis wandered down the halls; he goes back into the ballroom where he dances with a few omegas who were the children of some high ranking Lords. After that Francis ate a few sandwiches before deciding to make his way to his room. He had been given a large room with an on-suite bathroom. The Diamonese smiled brightly when he opened the door to see Matthew sleeping on his bed. He quietly closes the door and goes to sit on the bed near Matthew.

"Matthew, wake up." Francis gently shakes the omega. Matthew shoots up and looks at Francis.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I just got a little tired so I decided to get some rest." Matthew says. Francis chuckles and brushes some of the hair out of the omega's face.

"Do you want to do anything tonight?" Francis questions.

"Yeah, but nothing to overexerting I am still recovering from last time." Matthew quietly says. Francis smirks and pushes Matthew to gently lie down.

"I'm sorry if I do get a little rough, my mother just died and I need to take my anger out somewhere. Don't worry though; Arthur took the brute of it all." Francis says. Matthew nods before going wide-eyed. Francis knew that the young omega would be worried about the death of the Queen. It did mean that Francis would have a mate in a few months. Francis knew he would never leave Matthew, even if he did get a mate. Yes he would stop his fling with Queen Arthur however he couldn't bring himself to even think about living a life without Matthew.

"Are you alright?" Francis questions once they were done. He moves to lie under the covers as Matthew snuggles into the alpha's chest.

"I'm fine." Matthew yawns. The two go to sleep quickly, however Francis' dreams that night are haunted with Matthew leaving him and the death of his mother.