Ch-5 Mattie? Alfie?

"I apologise Lilli, but I must go to the King of Spades coronation." Francis apologises. In two days it would be Lilli's birthday and she would officially be 14. Sadly he was leaving for the King of Spades coronation today. He was in fact getting ready to hop in a carriage to start the journey to the coast where he would take a ship to Spades. He had been upset when he found out about the coronation; he had calmed down after finding out that only people who worked at the castle knew of this King. No one seemed to know the name of the boy or girl and no one could give him any information on them. He would just have to wait for the actual ceremony to meet and understand who this person was.

"It is perfectly fine my King." Lilli smiles. She gives her dear brother a tight hug before nodding at Francis; the two were not mated so they could show no signs of affection. An omega appeared and kept his head bowed.

"This will be one of the two servants travelling with us." Francis gestures at the omega. Matthew lifts his head slightly but does not make any eye contact. A beta appears beside Matthew and also keeps her head bowed. Francis and Basch hop in the carriage and Matthew and the female beta mount a horse each. They were servants so of course they were not allowed to ride with the Royals. Matthew gives the Queen-to-be a gentle smile before following after the moving carriage. The omega wondered who this King would be and if Diamonds and Spades would be able to stay in such a tight alliance now with a change in monarchy. Lilli stares after the carriage until it is gone from sight. That is when she sighs softly and turns to go back into the prison she now called home. The small omega spent the rest of her day wandering the halls alone and trying on different clothes to see what looked good on her. Fortunately an old male omega who had been working at the palace his whole life had ended up coming along and befriending the girl, saying that no Queen should be left to dwell on her own thoughts.

"You seemed quite adamant on taking those two servants." Basch says suspiciously. It had been a few days and they would soon arrive in Spades where they would take a carriage to the Castle of Spades.

"Of course I am, I mean have you seen those Spadian servants? They wouldn't know if their butts were on fire." Francis spits. Basch chuckles to himself before nodding.

"I suppose you make a good point." He says. Matthew feels himself physically relax as he hid behind some boxes on the ship.

"Are you playing hide and seek?" Matthew jumps and nearly screams. Two young children stood over him. Matthew shakes his head.

"No I'm not, but would you like to play hide and seek?" Matthew asks. The older of the pair crosses her arms and sticks her nose out.

"Hide and seek is for little kids." She says. Matthew instantly knows she must be an alpha. The smaller girl who was griping her sister's shirt seemed to think otherwise. Matthew decides that she must be an omega judging by the way she acted.

"B-but sister, we are children. Besides I like hide and seek." The little girl says. The older sister blinks before uncrossing her arms and nodding.

"Alright we can play hide and seek, but your seeking mister! And you have to count to 100." The girl says before running off. Matthew smiles and laughs before closing his eyes and starting to count.

"We have arrived my King." Matthew says as he shakes awake Francis. Basch was being awoken by the beta servant who had come with them. Francis stands up slowly and nods. Matthew quickly gets to work and helps dress Francis before they leave the room to join the other passengers on the deck. Once the ship stops in the harbor the two Royals hop in a nice looking carriage while Matthew and the beta hop in a second carriage. The carriage they were on also held the gifts and items Francis and Basch had bought with them. It also held the two small bags that the beta and omega had bought with them that contained their clothes.

"I never knew it looked like that." The beta says looking at the grand castle.

"Yes, it is smaller than Diamonds however it is quite large." Matthew says. Once they stop inside the gates a number of servants take the stuff from the carriage the two servants where in.

"Diele, take care of the bags. Matthew will join Basch and I as we go find this new King." Francis says. Diele nods and grabs a few bags before calling out instructions.

"We last saw the King by the stables with the Queen, sir." A guard says and Francis nods. Matthew quickly hurries to keep up with the alpha and beta. Francis leads them to the stables and they ask for where the King and Queen were. A teenage alpha points them in a direction before winking sweetly at Matthew. The alpha must've at least been Matthew's age so Matthew didn't mind the attention; but Francis did. Francis must've spotted the Spadian Royals as he quickly made his way over to a certain spot.

"Francis? What are you doing here?" Queen Arthur asks.

"I came to meet the future King of Spades." Francis replies and looks at the young alpha beside Queen Arthur. The boy glares at Francis which causes the older Royal to frown.

"Well meet Alfred. Alfred meet Francis." Queen Arthur says. Matthew continues to look down; he frowns at Queen Arthur's behavior. The Queen had always seemed so nice and gently and friendly, however he was very cold and rude right now. He feels eyes boring into him and he glances up noticing the King of Spades' gaze on him.

"Mattie?" King Alfred steps forward.

"How do you know his name?" Francis asks quickly. Matthew looks up and stares in shock.

"Alfie?" Matthew questions softly before the two break out in a grin and slam into each other as they hug.

"Mattie! Dude I thought I'd never see you again! I tried writing you a letter when I found out about me being King but Artie wouldn't let me. I was so angry and upset because I thought I'd never be able to talk to you and laugh with you ever again." King Alfred hugs Matthew even tighter and spins him around.

"I was scared Alfred. You stopped sending letters and mother and father would not answer my questions about you. They mentioned you went to the castle so I assumed you might have been killed for Gods' knows what." Matthew clings onto Alfred. Francis stares on nervously. Had Matthew betrayed him and been in a relationship the whole time with a different alpha? Had the omega used Francis? Did Matthew even care about Francis in the slightest? All these thoughts were put at ease when Queen Arthur speaks up.

"I assume this is the younger brother you speak so highly of?" Queen Arthur says walking forward. King Alfred nods gleefully. "Well it is a pleasure to finally meet you Matthew. I must thank you for teaching your brother such good manners." Queen Arthur says and Matthew blushes before nodding and accepting the hug that followed.

"I should thank you for not killing my brother." Matthew chuckles.

"Well there was a few moments where I thought I would, but those are stories for another day." Queen Arthur says and Matthew nods quickly.

"Yes Alfred does have a habit of making a fool out of himself and also being a bit overwhelming when you first get to know him." Matthew smiles. Francis stares at Matthew in shock. His lover and favourite servant was now considered Royalty due to his brother being a King. Francis didn't know what to expect; but it definitely was unnerving knowing that Matthew nearly had the same amount of power as Basch.