Ch-7 Welcome to Hell

Francis and Lilli hopped out of the carriage. This would be Lilli's first public appearance with Francis. She was not crowned Queen just yet, but she could still hang from Francis' arm as a mistress. Francis had slipped Matthew some money to attend the party as well. Matthew had used the money wisely and bought a nice looking dress to attend the party in. It may have been odd to see a male in a dress but at a function like this if you were omega you wore a dress; no matter your gender. Lilli was dressed in a nice looking dress. It went down to above her ankles and had long sleeves. The dress was actually white with beautiful gold trimmings and markings covering the skirt. She also had a gold corset over the top of the dress. Francis had to fight Basch to put Lilli in the corset; she had to play the part of spoiled mistress if she wanted to get into the party with Francis.

"Wow..." Lilli trails off quietly as she admirers the large manor.

"Come, I have someone I must meet with." Francis moved swiftly through the doors. Basch split off and Lilli looked after him with a confused look.

"Where is my brother going?" Lilli asks quietly.

"He has no business with this person. He is most likely going to see some Lords he has business with." Francis says in response. Lilli nods as she keeps her head down as she follows Francis. She had thought she would be one of the youngest omegas at the party. She soon realized that she was practically the oldest omega. Small twelve year olds were gathered in groups before being herded along by their alphas. Francis walked through a door and into a private room. Lilli looked over and spotted a man older then Francis sitting with a small girl around her age, maybe a year older.

"My King, I see you had no trouble finding me." The man says and Francis nods before taking a seat.

"So it is Adelia who you have spent so much money on." Francis nodded at his 2nd cousin. The two had been close when Francis was younger however as the times changed Adelia had large expectations placed on her and it was the same for Francis. Adelia gave a small smile and nodded back at Francis. She had her lovely hair done up in a bun with a gold ribbon placed around it.

"Well what do you think?" The man asks.

"About what? That you've married into Royalty? Well good for you, you only married into hell." Francis sighs. The man blinks in surprise.

"Surely Royalty is not hell." The man says. Francis shrugs.

"You are hearing it from the King of Diamonds himself are you not? Adelia also likes her hair in a plait. Let her wear what she wants when she wants, she is the person who will teach you how to act like proper Royalty." Francis stands and gestures for Lilli to stand.

"I see you have also caught on with the times." The man gestures to Lilli.

"Caught on with what times? The times that were created over a hundred years ago? Well sure I suppose I have." Francis leaves the room with Lilli.

"That was your cousin?" Lilli asks in shock. Francis just nods and sighs.

"People always go on about marrying into Royalty. They know nothing of the hell we are trapped in." Francis spits as he moves to grab a glass of wine. "If you do not wish to have wine there is grape juice and water over there." Francis points to a table where some young omegas were gossiping around a table. Lilli grabs a glass of wine and Francis raises an eyebrow.

"I have to play the spoiled mistress, no?" Lilli says and Francis can't hold back the small smile that comes to his face.

"I am so glad I am to mate with you and not one of those prissy omegas." Francis mutters and Lilli giggles.

"People call you a prissy alpha." Lilli says and Francis shrugs.

"People call me a lot of things. Just like they will call you a lot of things." Francis chuckles and pets Lilli's head. He notices how soft her hair is and realizes that she must spend some time on it to keep it so nice looking.

"Are you going to see your cousin again?" Lilli asks as they stand outside admiring the stairs.

"Now she has married that Lord, we will see each other more often. Did you know that once upon a time when I was younger and she was younger, we used to believe we would get to marry? We used to act like a married couple and everything; however that was ruined when my father died and a man came to take Adelia away. The man died luckily before she could be tied down to him, however I never saw her again after the funeral." Francis sighs.

"I think I'm slowly starting to understand what you mean by saying that this life is hell." Lilli says quietly. Francis' eyes travel to where Matthew stood next to an alpha. The omega was watching Francis with pitiful eyes, Matthew somehow always knew how Francis felt. Francis couldn't help but close his eyes and wonder why Matthew couldn't have been born in Diamonds, because Matthew would've been a great Queen. He already loved Matthew so he had no idea how he would love Lilli, but somehow slowly but surely he was.

"I believe we should leave. It is getting late." Francis smiles. They had finished having a dinner and a few dances. Matthew had left around half an hour before so Francis had no reason to stay. Lilli nodded and they called for the carriage before leaving to return back to the castle. Lilli went to bed but Francis was stopped by a maid.

"Excuse me sir but Matthew says he must speak with you. He is in the gardens." The maid quickly leaves. Francis leaves to go to the gardens. He quietly stood and watched Matthew for a few seconds before going over. The omega was shaking and his glasses had been removed, he was crying as well.

"Matthew what is wrong?" Francis asks as he sits on the bench with Matthew.

"I was hoping I'd just missed it you know? But missing it twice? I went to one of the old nurses. I'm so sorry Francis." Matthew had to stop every now and then to sniffle and try and calm his sobs.

"Matthew? What do you mean?" Francis questions. The alpha had a feeling he knew the answer but he couldn't be sure.

"Franics... I am with child." Matthew bursts into tears and Francis can't help the few tears the fall from his face.

"Do not fear Matthew, I will make sure everything goes smoothly." Francis hugs the omega and rubs his back. Francis knew that Matthew would be looked down on now, the omega would practically be ostracized from the community. He was an older unmated omega with a child. That only happened to prostitutes.

"I have an idea..." Francis says quietly. Matthew looks up at him with a confused look. "Grab your things, we are travelling to Spades right now." Matthew seemed shocked.

"No! I can't have my brother knowing-" Francis hushed the omega.

"Don't worry, your brother won't have to know a thing. I need to visit someone else." Francis stands and quickly leaves. Matthew hurries off and gathers his things. The other servants looked on with curious looks.

"Where are you going Mattie?" A young girl asks.

"To Spades." Matthew says. A guard appears at the door.

"King Francis requests Matthew Williams." The guard says and Matthew nods. He hops in a carriage with the King as they make their journey to Spades.