2 - confinement

THANATOS HAD been pacing back and forth  longing for his freedom. Being immortal you don't need to eat or drink. Never even have to sleep. It only caused you to be weaker which it exactly what the Gods wanted Thanatos to be. Weak. But he paced to think and to move a little even in his confinement.

Thanatos had tracked the days since his sort of "arrest." Only a year left until it would be a century.  A entire century he had been wasting away. "It's for the best until you control it. I believe in you Thanatos." Hades had said that day. Thanatos didn't know what to control. What caused his power to take control over him?

He stopped his pacing  sensing someone else's presence. Before him black shadows swirled and Hades appeared before him.

"Thanatos, my friend." He grinned.

To him Hades seen more chipper  then normal.

Thanatos looked at him with his cold eyes, "Yes?"

"Don't be so stern. I have excellent news!" Hades said.

Thanatos's chains scraped against the floor. His eyebrows raised and looked back at Hades

"Persephone, she is pregnant with our child."  Hades was far  more chipper than what was normal. His chest burned. What an odd feeling, he thought. But it passed his mind quickly. The Lord of the Underworld would have a baby.

"Is this not exciting Thanatos?" Hades inquired.

"No, it is." His voice low.

"A new God or Goddess Persephone said."

Hades walked closer to the God of death. He had been in a depression far worse than any mortal could imagine. "I wish I could unchain you. I've tried to reason with the council." Hades spoke.

"When the baby is born I want to see it." Thanatos said.

Both Gods knew the danger in him seeing a newborn. A newborn was fragile and his power could take the life of it in a single second.

"If you trust me to see a fragile life such as your newborn then maybe the council will reconsider." Thanatos bargained. It was a small sliver of hope.

"I trust you with my own life is that not enough?" Hades asked.

"Not enough for the council." He frowned.

His power for so immense that he could kill even an immortal, which is why the Gods feared him. Thanatos himself didn't know where all of this power came from and he was not willing to ask his parents. They could be even more lethal than himself.

Hades thought for a moment. Of course he trusted him. Thanatos was his right hand man. He had trusted him more than his own brothers Zeus and Poseidon.  But his newborn could be in potential danger. Both did not know what would happen if Thanatos's chains were undone.

"Yes, You can see the child." 

Thanatos's heartbeat became faster.

"Thank you Hades."

Hades had a faint smile tug at his lips before disappearing back into the shadows.