18 - greece

APOLLO BOUNDED down the hall and to the left. The though of Thanatos and Alina being even a foot within each other left a sour taste in his mouth leaving him to scowl at the thought of even him. He tried his best to stay composed and not let his words bother him. 

He checked door after door as he walked down the hall. The place always seemed too empty for such a huge home. His footsteps echoed through the deserted halls as he hunted down Alina. He was infuriated when he realized that Thanatos could have just told him wrong to mess with him. He was rather vague about his directions. 

"Apollo is that you?" 

An angels voice rang through his ear. His head whipped around to see her as she floated down the hall. Her heels clicked against the floor as she walked towards him. His finally picked up his feet and embraced her tightly, lifting her off the ground. 

"OH!" She gasped as he hugged her, "What are you doing here?" She wobbled trying to compose herself when he put her feet back non the ground. 

    "Well I came to see you of course, I figured it was finally time I got you out of here." He grinned. 

"Oh dear, well I apologize but I already have plans for the day." She frowned. 

He crossed his arms, resting his weight on his back foot. "If its about Thanatos I already spoke with him about it." 

"Oh, well maybe I should make sure it was rather important." She said fiddling with her hands. Apollo took her arm in his, "I assure you he said to go with me." She nodded and went along with the plan. 

"Where will we be going then? I don't want you to get in trouble with my father I know you spoke but I just-" 

"Alina dear, no need to worry." Apollo cut her short. He grabbed her other arm to face her. The tingles ran down her spine as he pulled her in close. "Where do you want to go?" He asked gently. 

"I have never been anywhere but here. " She whispered. 

"Then I have the perfect plan." He smiled and gripped her close to his side. 

All signs of hesitation left Alina as she gripped tight onto Apollo's side. Her stomach churned as she was giddy with excitement. The realization that Hades would in fact be mad didn't settle with her. It was gone in the wind just a she was. A rush of wind was felt through her hair as they were gone in a puff of smoke. The means of travel was a unsettling one to her but when she opened her eyes none of that seemed to matter. 

She gasped at the sight before her. The images in books couldn't give this sight justice. The vicarious life she was living seemed to float away as she stared. 

"I thought you would like it." 

She still held onto Apollo as she was regaining her balance. The words she was forming in her mind didn't seem to want to come out through her mouth. "Incredible isn't it? The home of our people." 

The stood on a ledge looking over the hills and valleys of Greece. The sun hung low behind the houses upon the hills leaving tints of reds and oranges in the sky. In the skyline before them sat several archaic pieces of architecture dedicated to the Gods. The sight left Alina's mouth sightly ajar. The sky seemed low enough she could reach out and touch with her nimble fingers. Below the ledge sat the bluest sea she had seen. She had never seen another sea shore but she was sure this was her favorite. Her feet reached the edge as she looked below as the waves crashed upon the shore making a sweet melody. 

"Apollo this is stupendous." She smiled sweetly. 

Her gripped her hand, "Shall we?" 
He led her down a rocky pathway into the city. The trees hung, filled with blossoms, over their heads as they walked leisurely down the path. The houses looked just as she pictured. Painted in bright whites and blues. The people passing smiled at what they though was the cutest pair of lovers. The city was lively and seemed joyful. The people made the city even more beautiful with their deep eyes and olive skin. 

They walked close together, their feet keeping in pace with one another

They walked close together, their feet keeping in pace with one another. Apollo looked down at her with adoration, "Do you like it?" 

"Oh I don't have words. This place is incredible." Her cheeks heated up at the sight of him staring so intently. They continued into the city together. He led her down a steep path towards the ocean. The steps grew steeper and steeper as they continued farther down. Her gripped her by the waist and lifted her as she struggled down the steps. The butterflies raged on in her stomach as she was placed down gently. She muttered a soft 'thank you' and continued on. Once they reached the warm sand she ran. Alina ran towards the ocean and didn't look back. Her shoes had found a way off her feet and she gripped the bottom of her skirt. Apollo chased after her and followed her knee deep into the sea. 

She laughed as the sea splashed onto them. "Apollo I don't know how to thank you for this. This is truly wonderful." 

"There's no need. This could be our future, Alina." Her spoke softly. She looked at him not knowing what to say. "I understand this is all still sudden. I know we have a deal." 

"I must thank you for your understanding Apollo. Your actions supersede your words." 

The water lapped at their feet in a quiet rhythm. The ocean seemed to pull them closer and closer together. Apollo put an arm around her as they stared off at the sight before them. Alina couldn't seem to comprehend the time she was having. It felt as thought she was in a dream and her eyes tried their best to stay shut. Apollo seemed so perfect. From his tan skin to his sweet demeanor, he seemed like the perfect man. He was after all a God, but Alina still had worries. She seemed to trust him but she also trusted Thanatos. She heeded his words. 

"Apollo there is 358 days before the next winter solstice. As promised I will have made a decision before then. That may not seem to be long for you but for me spending every day in the Underworld makes it seem like I'm entirely mortal." She ranted on. 

"What are you trying to say?" He said. 

"I suppose my point is that hopefully I can come to a decision for you. There just seems to be a lot to work through." 

Apollo turned to her, pulling her waist close to him. "I trust your promise, Alina." 

She looked up and met his eyes. They were more blue than the ocean that she felt on her skin. The sun shined on their skin making the moment more than beautiful. Apollo was leaning in closer and Alina closed the small gap between them. It was sweeter than nectar, their kiss. Alina rested her hands on his flushed cheeks when they pulled away. 

They stood a few moments longer. Alina now resting her head on his chest. Apollo took a breath, "Oh dear, My Alina I must get going. Sun duties call." 

"Well then you better get me home." She smiled. 

Before she knew it the sun was gone and the sand could no longer be felt under her feet. Her smile didn't fade in the dim halls of the Underworld. 

"Goodbye dear Alina." Apollo grinned. 

"Goodbye." 

Alina seemed to float down the hall as she ventured back to her room. Her heart pounded against her chest as she remember their moment on the beach. Eros happened to be rounding the corner as he watched her descend back into the palace. 

"It happened." he muttered.