15 - assist

HYPNOS COULDN'T believe he was back in Hades home, walking alongside his brother once again. Reasoning behind coming back was more bitter than sweet and amends would need made to ensure everything didn't erupt. He knew Thanatos had harbored too many feelings to himself in the past years. He kept everything to himself in fear of what once happened could happen again. Although, the girl confused him most. How she had not seen her powers was beyond him. His brother retorting so harshly at him for asking about her made him question it even further. 

He quickly sat up after Hades left and was bound for the door. Thanatos stood after him not wanting him to escape his sight.  After hearing of Hades anger and the news of Hypnos' dream, he was not feeling the greatest. He felt Hades would wait for Persephone to come back before he would take action. But what action would they take? Thanatos didn't want to trust his brother but he felt there was no choice. Choosing over the safety of his only friends versus choosing to abandon his brother for the past. 

 A maid appeared and showed Hypnos to his room. "I will be sleeping." He announced to Thanatos before disappearing. Many thoughts ran across his mind. There was nothing he could do at the moment to prepare themselves for whatever was to come. He thought for a moment that he should visit Alina. She would have far too many questions and he couldn't have the answers. Hades found it imperative that she be left in the dark. Thanatos could sense the fear Hades had. He didn't' want his only child to wish to leave. Learning the truth makes you want to run far from it. Thanatos knew this well. 

Thanatos took a stroll around the Palace hoping to clear his head. Dark clouds rolled overhead and in the distance Charon took his boat downstream. He walked at a leisurely pace down the stone walkways. His only thoughts were filled with worry about the situation they found themselves in. With a sudden "pop!"  sound a frazzled Eros stumbled on the rock path before him. 

   "I received an urgent call. What is the matter?" Eros spoke while straightening his shirt. 

"To summarize, Hypnos has showed up saying someone is after Alina for her power. Saw it in a dream that could be prophecy. He is currently staying with us at the palace to inform us of any other dreams." 

"Its always about the girl isn't it?" Eros could've laughed but assumed it was wrong timing. 

"What do you expect from an all powerful child of the dead who as no clue about an ounce of it?" He said in no joking matter. 

Without another word Eros was lead to the library. With its grand windows and large shelves, steaming cups of inky coffee sat on the stained table. Hades lounged while staring out the pained windows. It had begun to rain in the Underworld, something that didn't happen often. The God had much on his mind with thoughts of both ladies in his life consuming him. He held a steaming cup in his hand watching as droplets fell. 

   "Welcome back, Eros." 

"Lord Hades, pleasure as always." 

'I wouldn't call this meeting a pleasure." He said in a low tone. 

Eros sat in the comfy chair across the two omens of death. He took a steaming cup in one hand and plopped two sugars in the cup. "What can I do to assist you? I was given a brief explanation of the situation." Eros said stirring his coffee. 

Hades pondered for a moment, still glancing out the giant windows. "I want my closes allies on high alert. If you notice anything suspicious you need to report back immediately. If whoever is to come for my daughter they certainly will not stop there." 

"Certainly, I have no problem doing what you ask. It wouldn't be the first time someone was to come for the power Olympians hold." Eros spoke. 

Eros could feel a cloud of tension looming around him. He could see the longing for Persephone and how much he missed her. The Lord of the Underworld has never had an easy time with anything.  Everything seemed to have consequences attached to it. 

    "The problem is she had no clue she has any powers! She's a naive child." Hypnos piped up quickly. 

The men were quick to look up and give him a stern look. Speaking his mind would not be very helpful to the situation, the others could surely attest to that. 

      "This does not solve my dilemma Hypnos, I am sure you'd like to get to know her before you make assumptions. " Hades spoke. Hypnos sunk back into his seat with coffee in hand. "I am well aware there are things I've deliberately left her clueless about." 

   "This might be a good way to solve the issue. If she learns of these alleged powers and learns to use them she can protect herself. Who knows if there even is a treat." Eros said. 

  "Now listen here Lover Boy," Hypnos said sitting up straight with his arms crossed, "My dreams are very, VERY real. I would not lie if I felt a treat would come. I've told Zeus for centuries of his enemies and their plans. I may have no clue what we're in for but it's real." 

   "All I'm suggesting is that perhaps it's not a big threat." Eros retorted. 

      "Whatever it is they know she's here and defenseless." Thanatos spoke up. 

"ENOUGH!" 

The rain began pouring down thickly. Their coffee rippled in the grey porcelain cups. The men sat in tense silence for too many moments. Thanatos felt his shoulders stiffen at the uncomfortable situation. Hades placed his cup down on the wooden table and stood slowly. 

   "I am quite exhausted about hearing how I should parent my one and only child. Now if you'll excuse me I have other matters to attend to. "  

He vanished rather quickly, nothing but the sound of his footsteps. The men left were slightly stunned at the outbreak but they weren't quite surprised. The velvet chair creaked as Eros shifted. He continued sipping at his coffee. "We must assist Hades however we can. Thanatos I think you should help her with her powers. She'll find out soon or later. Hypnos keep dreaming and I will assist wherever I see fit." 

Thanatos doubted he would be the most suitable for teaching the girl of her powers. He still had trouble of his own let alone trying to help someone else achieve greatness with theirs. His had only caused life threatening problems, or at least he had thought. There were reasons chains were still bound to his wrists. How could he teach someone with his own power without taking them off? Eros always had a reason for his actions and still Thanatos was worried about the situation he was getting into. 

The Gods didn't stay around much later. It would be a shame to let such good coffee grow cold so they sat quietly and finished. There wasn't much conversation left to have. Hypnos was the first to excuse himself to get back to sleeping. Before Thanatos could exit Eros stood and caught him by the door. 

"My trust is put in good hands, Thanatos."