8 - sights

APOLLO for years has had the best sight. He was an archer after all. Unlike Eros, who seemed to miss with his magic love arrows, his sight was much better. Even with the lustful look in his eyes. Instead of looking to aim at a target his sights had been set on a different kind of target. 

Eros had the best sight when it came to attraction and affection despite what Apollo would say against him. He payed close attention to immortals and mortals. Especially the night Hades held the best ball of the century. His sight had never failed him it certainly wouldn't now. He had put his trust in the right people. He also carefully paid attention to those who had bad intentions. 

Eros had run in with Apollo at the ball. 

"Eros!" A slightly drunken Apollo yelled. 

"Hello dear Apollo." Eros rolled his eyes. He was not the fondest of the Lord of the sun. He had a tendency to ask Eros for help in his "love" life. All the Gods knew of Apollo and his trouble with immortals, mortals, and creatures alike. Often it even got him in trouble. Eros gave his best advice always but no matter what Apollo flirted and messed around. 

"Eros I have the best news!," Apollo quieted down, "I have found someone." 

"Found someone?" 

"Yes! I have taken your advice! I have found the girl." 

Eros learned long ago not to meddle in things are happen naturally. It's with the help of Eros some find the other half of their soul. 

"Yes Eros she is the girl. I have a proposition that could change Olympus." 

This was definitely not what Eros had in mind. 

"Who?" Eros questioned hesitantly. 

Apollo leaning in closer almost spilling his wine and in a hushed tone said, "Alina, Child of light. Daughter to the King of the Underworld." 

~~~

"Alina, dear!" 

"Yes father I'm coming." Alina put her book down and headed towards his office where she heard his loud voice. "You called for me?" she said entering the room. 

"I have something to discuss with you." He breathed. 

She sat down in an armchair across from him and folded her hands together. 

"I have been given a proposition and it involves you dear." 

Alina sat silent and thought for a moment. What proposition could involve her? She sat patiently twiddling her thumbs, a nervous habit. 

"Olympus has never been perfect Alina. There are many stories you have not been told. But with this chance things could change or even be restored." 

"Father forgive me for being so forward but what does any of this have to do with with me?" 

"Apollo has asked for your hand in marriage." 

~~~

Thanatos had returned from his little adventure out in the world. He bounded down the hallway to return to his quarters. He heard Lord Hades yell for Alina and watched as she bounded down the hall with light steps. 

His room was right round the corner from where she had gone off to. There was two voices countering and before Thanatos could move his feet he heard a line that made Alina rush from the room and almost knock himself over. 

"Apollo has asked for your hand in marriage."