Chapter 3

Zayn got up when he heard the buzzer, jumping over the back of the couch and went to answer the door. More than slightly confused when it was Harry who had rung the buzzer, especially since he had his own set of keys.

"Forget your keys," Zayn questioned as he stepped out of the way so that Harry could walk into the house, closing the door behind him.

Harry avoided eye contact as he dropped his things in the doorway of the dinning room, then headed towards the kitchen with the bag of groceries he'd been carrying. "No, I didn't — I wasn't sure if your boyfriend was still here."

"Liam isn't my boyfriend," Zayn laughed as he followed him into the kitchen. "We're just good mates. He would've stayed for dinner but he thought things would've been less awkward if he wasn't here."

He shrugged, taking the fresh vegetables out of the bag and set them near the cutting board on the counter. "Nope — I mean it wouldn't of been... I should've waited for someone to — I'm just really sorry."

"It's fine," Zayn laughed again and pulled the set of keys from his pocket, tossing them onto the counter. "There's your keys back."

Harry pulled a set of keys from his pocket as well, holding them out towards Zayn. "I guess I just grabbed the wrong keys and didn't think to check before I gave them to you."

He looked them over and tucked them into his pocket, gesturing towards the vegetables. "Want help cutting those?"

"If you want, go ahead. I'll prep the chicken, do you like seasoning?" Harry questioned as he moved the cutting board over and grabbed a knife from the drawer before he went to the fridge, pulling out the thawed chicken breast.

"Yeah, so can I ask you a personal question?" Zayn started chopping the vegetables, tactfully cutting the carrots into bite sized cubes.

He cleared his throat, removing the chicken from the packaging. "Sure."

Zayn paused a moment, "Did seeing Liam and I suck each other off, turn you on? Because you didn't exactly slam the door closed and run off immediately."

Harry loudly dropped one of the chicken breasts on the counter, making a wet slapping sound as he did so. "No, of course not."

"You sure?" Zayn smirked, knowing that the conversation was making Harry squirm and it was amusing.

"Yeah — yes." He slightly stammered, shaking his head some as he tried to gather himself again and went back to seasoning the chicken.

Zayn only hummed in response, choosing to bite his tongue for now because he didn't want to push Harry to an uncomfortable zone. Not wanting to make living together like walking on egg shells.

"Can I ask you a question then?" Harry prompted after a couple minutes of comfortable silence, briefly glancing towards Zayn's direction but still managed to avoid complete eye contact.

He pushed aside what carrots he had chopped, grabbing the last two carrots and began chopping them like the others. "Sure, what?"

"How long have you been a tattoo artist?" Harry questioned, diverting from the original question he wanted to ask but couldn't muster the mind to say it aloud.

"I've only had my actual license 4, almost 5 years but I've been tattooing since I was 15." Zayn knew just as well as Harry did that, that wasn't the questioned he wanted to ask but he answered anyways instead of pressing for the real one.

He nodded, as though he was truly interested in the topic. But to be completely honest, the idea of allowing a needle filled with ink to penetrate your skin at a high speed made him nauseous. "Do you have any tattoos then?"