1: Roommates ~ Cassidy

(This is not complete, my group may have to ask for an extension, but here is my intro before I meet Gwen)

The taxi felt more like a fantasy carriage. A fantasy carriage with worn leather, a weird smell coming from the seat next to me and constant alternative 80's music blaring from the speakers. Tacky, but still a fantasy carriage.

I was going to a place where I didn't have to live in constant fear of men. No more heart palpitations, no more sweating or blushing. Just a quiet oasis where I could finish high school and get the hell out of there. I had never been to a boarding school before, but the way Mom had described it, she knew it would be more like a castle than a prison.

I ran a hand over my brooch and smiled for a split second, then frowned. Should I really have it out in the open like this? Diamond? At this new school, I didn't want anyone to treat me differently because of my family's money. I never took advantage of it like other kids and I certainly didn't want fake friends because of it.

Reluctantly, I decided to tuck it away in my pocket and put in my earbuds for the rest of the ride, trying to cancel out the Taxi driver's music.

See, it wasn't that I hated men. In fact, before I was 10, I would get crushes like any other elementary school student. My friends and I would talk nonstop about boys. Then, when my father left, I started getting scared around them, and I didn't know why.

I was scared that they would hit me, or insult me like Dad did. I was worried that they would overpower me and try to kidnap me. As irrational it may have been to think this way, I developed this fear against my will. Androphobia.

My hand tightened around the strap of my backpack while the other put my ipod back in it. The taxi came to a stop and I took a step out. Too nervous to pay much attention, I went straight for the trunk to get my rolling suitcase. The driver came around to help me open it, and fortunately she was female. I thanked her and gave her my credit card to scan while I yanked my suitcase out. She came back with it and told me to have a good day.

I reached into my backpack and grabbed out a map, while looking around.

That's when I saw the first boy.

Taking a deep breath, I focused my attention to the map. He wasn't in a uniform, of course. He must be saying goodbye to his girlfriend or sister or something.

He had brown hair and dark eyes, which may have been brown or colored. She couldn't tell from the distance. He was wearing a red shirt and seemed excited. He was walking with a pretty girl in a uniform like mine. They looked like they could have been twins, except her hair was a dark red-ish and her eyes were a bit lighter than his. I would have introduced myself it wasn't for the boy.

I looked down at my map and headed to the 300 building. 301 was my room number.

I walked, dragging my suitcase behind me, and saw something that made me let out an accidental scream. I dropped the handle of my suitcase and froze where I was.

Going into the building, MY dorm building was a guy wearing the school uniform. I felt faint and leaned up against my suitcase. I don't think he noticed me or heard me scream luckily, but I was on the verge of an anxiety attack.

What is he doing here? Is there a sister school around and he's visiting the female school? No, don't be dumb Cass, he clearly goes here. But why? How could this actually be happening?

My phone buzzed in my backpack and I pulled it out.

Mom: I didn't want to tell you this until I knew for sure you were safely at Wattpad Prep, but it's actually a coed school. This will be good for you. Have fun and don't get pregnant. Love you XOXO

My eyes widened and my jaw might as well have fallen off at that point. Snapping out of it a bit, I tucked my windswept and probably frizzy black hair behind my ear and picked my suitcase back up.

The guy was on the shorter side, but muscular. He had brown hair like the other boy, but it was much darker. He seemed scary. When I saw him walk in, he looked anything but happy. He looked jumpy and a little pissed off.

I still couldn't believe what my mom had done. I would not only have to be in class with guys, but live in the same dorm as them. I only prayed I had a female roommate, or I may have had a heart attack that very day.

Now, completely on high alert, I waited until the boy dissappeared completely into the dorm building before I made my way in.

My room was the first one on the left. Cautiously, I creaked the door open, unsure of what I would face. 

The room was beautiful. It had two beds, one on each wall, and there didn't seem to be a sign of masculinity anywhere. Or any human for that matter.

"Hey? Is anyone here? I'm your new roommate."

Nothing.

I put my suitcase down by one bed, hoping that my roommate hadn't claimed it yet, and sat down. I went into my backpack and got out my phone.

I checked the email about the party and let out a sigh.

Was I really going to miss my first school orientation to go to my first party? I didn't even have anything to wear. And worst of all, there would be boys.

Probably a whole lot of them.

I grabbed the brooch from my backpack and flopped down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. I clasped the brooch to my chest and wondered how the hell I was going to make it through this one.

This was supposed to be my one safe place. And now...

I shook my head. I had to stop thinking like that. This was good for me. I could finally learn to get over my fear.

I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. Or tried to at least.

Over my reflection, written in lipstick, was a message from my roommate:

Out seeing what kind of guys attend Wattpad Prep. I shoved my sh*t in the closet. Not unpacking it. Be a dear?

Gwen

And by her name, she put a kiss mark in the same shade as the message. Just great.

I walked over to the closet and found a big duffel bag.

There was no way I was unpacking her stuff, but at the same time I didn't want her to hate me. I picked up the surprisingly light duffle bag and put it on her bed.

Well, this day was just getting better and better.