Chapter 4: Journey to a New Beginning

Elya had been waiting for Jaime to regain consciousness for 2 days now. Maester Luwin says that the kick that had hit him on his stomach caused an internal hemorrhage. The Queen and Lord Tyrion visited their brother to see if he was doing fine, Ned and Robb tried to talk to Elya but she wouldn't respond to them, Jon, Sansa, and Arya are the only people she talks to. Jaime had bruises on his face, chest and abdomen area. When Jaime finally woke up, Elya can see sadness in his emerald orbs. How are you feeling? Elya asked. Fine. How long was I asleep? Jaime's voice was soft and weak. You were asleep for 2 days. Tomorrow will be the journey back to King's Landing. Elya replied while holding out a bh of water to Jaime, he sat up and drank the cool water. Why does my father hate you so much? Jaime was taken aback by the question, thankfully, he found the right words. Your father hated me because he thought I killed the Mad King for my own gain, and now I am betrothed to his beautiful daughter. Elya nodded and asked. Why did you kill the Mad King Aerys? Jaime hesitated for a moment but then told her the truth. You've heard of Wildfire? Jaime asked. The Mad King was obsessed with it. He loved to watch people burn. The way their skin blackened and blistered and melted off the bones. He burned lords he didn't like. He burned Hands who disobeyed him. He burned anyone who was against him. Before long, half the country was against him.

Aerys saw traitors everywhere, so he had his pyromancer place caches of Wildfire all over the city. Beneath the Sept of Baelor and the slums of Flea Bottom. Under houses, stables, taverns, even beneath the Red Keep itself.

Finally, the day of reckoning came. Robert Baratheon marched on the capital after his victory at the Trident. But my father arrived first, with the whole Lannister army at his back. Promising to defend the city against the rebels. I knew my father better than that. He's never been one to pick the losing side. I told the Mad King that much. I urged him to surrender peacefully.

But the king didn't listen to me. He didn't listen to Varys, who tried to warn him. But he did listen to Grand Maester Pycelle, that grey, sunken cunt. "You can trust the Lannisters," he said. "The Lannisters have always been true friends of the Crown." So we opened the gates and my father sacked the city.

I told him to surrender but he didn't listen to me, instead he asked Rossart, the new Hand, to burn them all and asked me to bring my father's head. I followed Rossart who was carrying the message to burn King's Landing and killed him. I returned to the throne room where the Mad King was waiting and I stabbed him, but he was still saying "Burn them all!" So I slit his throat. I was exhausted because of the turn of events and the killings so I sat on the Iron Throne to rest for a while and that's where your father found me. He didn't give me the chance to explain and judged me from what he saw. The Honorable Ned Stark despised me from that moment on. Oathbreaker. Man without Honor. Kingslayer. I despise those nicknames but I couldnt do anything about it, even if I explained what happened to your father, he will still not believe me. Honorable man, Ned Stark. Elya pitied Jaime and said. But what they didn't know is that you saved alot of people, even my father. If you didn't kill Rossart the pyromancer, then the city could have burned with my father and King Robert still there. Jaime nodded. Jaime stood up and dressed like a proper lord and not a knight, he wore his house colours with a golden lion sigil on his cape. Elya noticed his perfectly defined body, proof of how strong of a knight he was. They went to the dining hall to break their fast and after they went riding to the woods. Time had passed like a wind and the next thing they know is that they are kissing passionately at a secret tower Elya knows. When they pulled apart, both were gaspin for air and both their lips were swollen. Tomorrow will be a long day and Elya will have to say goodbye and talk to Robb.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Elya, I'm sorry. I don't want you to leave while both of us are not in good terms. Elya nodded. Goodbye Robb, I will miss you all. She then went to Bran's room where her mother was doing something. Goodbye Bran, I will miss you little brother...Goodbye mother, I wish you will be there at my wedding. Catelyn hugged her and said. I will try to but I can't promise to be there. Tell me or your father if he hurts you and I will behead him myself. I wish that someday you will both learn to love each other. Elya chuckled and replied. He will not hurt me mother, maybe we're already happy. Catelyn was stifled from what she heard, her daughter is in love and with not just any lion but the kingslayer himself. Do you love him? Elya blushed and said. Aye mother, I do. Catelyn was happy as long as her daughter was happy. Catelyn hugged her daughters one lat time before they departed.

Elya said her goodbyes to Lord Tyrion and Jon, Jon was taking the black and Tyrion is going to visit the wall to piss on the edge of the world, he said.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
They were riding all day when they stopped at an inn. Jaime escorted Elya to her chambers, they were talking and suddenly fell asleep. They were awoken by the constant knock at the door, when Elya opened it, she saw that it was a Stark bannerman and informed her that her father and sisters were summoned by the King at the hall of the inn because apparently, Nymeria bit Joffrey's arm. Jaime and Elya went to the hall and everyone were gathered there. The King called the two and laughed when he realized that they were together. Kingslayer, can't you really wait after your wedding? All of us are here discussing an argument while you two are doing something the gods know what. It was a bad jape and Jaime knows that because, Lord Stark and the Queen Cersei was glaring at Elya, Elya was humiliated by the jest so he spoke. We were merely playing a game of cyvasse and having a little chat, I don't intend to break my promise your grace. The King then nodded and proceeded to the problem and asked for Sansa to tell the truth. I didn't see, it happened so fast. Sansa said. Liar! Liar! Liar! Arya jumped and pulled Sansa's hair fortunately, Elya managed to stopped her. She's just as wild as the beast of hers. The Queen spoke. Enough of this child's play! What will you have me do, whip the girl in the streets? Gods, she's just a child. The King shouted. Your son will bear these scars for the rest of his life. The Queen argued. You let the little girl disarm you. The King looked at Joffrey, Joffrey just nodded, the Queen spoke again. And what of the wolf? The King glared at Cersei and said. I forgot about the damned wolf. Then a kingsguard interrupted. We found no sign of the wolf, your grace. The King nodded and stood up ready to leave when the Queen Cersei spoke again. We have two tied up just outside, the wolf of the Lady Elya and Lady Sansa. Then Robert said. Very well then. Jaime can feel that Elya is scared for her wolf so he butt-in. Your grace, tell me, if you hit me then you are certain that I will seek vengance, yes? The King nodded and Jaime continued. So I went to your house and hit your brother instead because you were not there, then what is that? The King answered. Stupidity. Why would you hit someone who did nothing to you just because the person who hit you was not there. Jaime could feel Ned's questioning gaze piercing his back. Exactly, your grace. So why would you have to kill the remaining innocent direwolves? Isn't that stupidity? Let some of the northmen escort them back to Winterfell rather than kill them, it's a better judgment. The King nodded and said. Ned, I want the remaining direwolves escorted back to Winterfell. Lord Stark nodded.
The Queen was furious at his brother for siding with the Starks.

I'm sorry m'ladies, it's the only way I thought for them not to be killed. Jaime said to both Sansa and Elya. Thank you Ser Jaime. Sansa said and left Elya and Jaime alone. It's better that way, direwolves are of the north. Mother and Robb will take care of them. Thank you Jaime. She kissed him and bid him goodnight.

Lord Stark saw Ser Jaime from his daughter's chambers and called him. Why did you do that? Jaime was confused for a while then he realized that he was talking about the direwolves. Elya crying is the last thing I would want to see Lord Stark.
Ned nodded and started to walk then he spoke again. Do you love her? Jaime stopped and took time to reply. With all my heart. Then he walked away.