Chapter 16: The Red Wedding

It was a sad day for the Starks. Although the climate is harsh, they need to travel to The Twins so that they can attend Edmure Tully's wedding to Roslin Frey. But not all of them are going, Arya, Sansa, and Elya will stay at Casterly Rock and asked their mother to send their regards to their uncle. Robb insisted Talisa to come, despite her being with child for 5 months. Don't fret, we will be back soon. Robb said, they traveled to The Twins with the northmen. Jaime did not forget to warn Robb and his companions that Walder Frey must be up to something because of the letter Frey sent to him when Robb attacked Casterly Rock. Be careful, he might be planning something. Robb nodded and mounted his mare.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

They arrived at their destination for 3 weeks, just in time for the wedding. It will be an understatement to say that the weather is worse than the coldness of Winterfell. They were greeted by Walder Frey, and asked his servants where they will be resting after the wedding. After they put their things in their chambers, they went to the sept where the wedding will be held.

Robb heeded Jaime's warning but later on, he forgot all about it since the crowd seems to be having fun and Walder Frey himself looks like wasted. A few moments later, Frey's men barred the door while he spoke. But Robb did not pay attention to what he is saying because he saw other men come in, the next thing he knew was someone stabbed Talisa in the belly, he was shot with an arrow, and his lady mother was also shot. Robb watched Talisa helplessly, he could not do anything for he is no maester and he had no supplies. He saw Frey's men kill his men, his mother was pleading for mercy but he doesn't want to live anymore, everything that he has had been robbed from him. He should have taken extra precautions from what Jaime has told him. Mother.. Then Roose Bolton appeared from nowhere and stabbed him right through his heart and he says, The Lannisters are not the only ones who sends their regards. Catelyn screamed and she slit the throat of Walder Frey's young wife, then a man came behind her and slit her throat. They beheaded Robb and replaced it with his direwolf's head which was recovered in Casterly Rock. They paraded him through the whole castle while chanting, King in the North! King in the North!

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
News spread quickly like fire, in just a number of days, the news of the northmen's death-including Robb, his wife, and lady mother-reached the West.

Elya, Sansa, and Arya mourned for the death of their remaining family, since Theon betrayed them and burned Winterfell to the ground, and in the process, killing Bran and Rickon. With the death of the heir to Winterfell, Elya becomes the sole heir, her first son will be heir to Casterly Rock and her second son will be heir to Winterfell. She promised that she will reclaim Winterfell and kill the Boltons for their treason.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Tywin Lannister is happy that Elya will be the heir to Winterfell, which means that his legacy extends. But Winterfell is in the hands of the Boltons, and should his good-daughter ask for help, he will gladly oblige. Tywin is contented in his life, Casterly Rock is secured with an heir, and things in the Capital have been going smooth after the Battle of Blackwater. Before Robb Stark was imprisoned in Casterly Rock, he had little hope of winning, even one of his bannermen perished in the process of burning everything in the way to prevent enemies from gaining supplies; Gregor Clegane's death was a threat to them, No one can kill the Mountain but it seems that somebody succeeded. From what he's heard, Qyburn brought his body back to his experimental room and since then, Clegane's body was never found.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Things have not been easy these past few days for the remaining Starks. Arya preferred to spar rather than to think of what happened, but her list grew longer and everynight she would say the names of those who have wronged their family-Ser Ilyn Payne, Queen Cersei Lannister, King Joffrey Baratheon, Ser Gregor Clegane, Ser Meryn Trant, Theon Greyjoy, Walder Frey, and Roose Bolton. Arya has improved a lot since the first time she sparred with Jaime, it only took him a minute or less to unhand her, but gradually, she remains standing for a bit longer.

Sansa always plays with her little nephew, Willem. She would sew blankets and little tunics, even breeches when she is not playing with him. She is sad, so sad for the death of her brother and mother. In truth, she asked her brother and mother if she could come with them but they did not allow her, have the situation been different she might as well be dead. She has many suitors here st Casterly Rock, but none seems to charm their way through her heart. Still, that person occupied her heart, but she stopped hoping that they can be together someday, so she wastes away her time playing with his son. Tyrion would often talk to her and tell her stories about dragons and history, she decides that she rather liked his company because of his sharp tongue, he may be deprived of the beauty his brother has, that loss is replaced with his wisdom and wits. While his brother has a smile that cut like a knife, Tyrion has a sharp tongue that wounds like a sword, although both brothers are witty and smart; only Tyrion is smarter.

Elya did not let herself dwell in the past, she still did her duties as Lady of the Rock. Although Jaime told her that she can rest for a while and mourn for her brother and mother, she decides that there is no sense in mourning them or crying for them for she knows that they would want her to be happy instead. The first time she heard the news, it seems like her husband and son are the only ones keeping her sane, but not anymore. She will protect her two sisters from danger, and in the process, she will keep moving forward because...

Life goes on.