Chapter 7: The Tourney of the Hand

Elya woke up to find an excited Jaime, and he's getting ready for the tourney. She got up and started to get ready for the day, as she was to watch the tourney with her father, Sansa, and Arya. Can I have your favor dear wife? Jaime verasciously asked. I'm sorry husband, but I heard Ser Loras Tyrell is good at jousting and handsome too, I'm planning to give him my favor. Elya responded, she's trying to annoy Jaime and it worked. His face turned dark and grim while his smile faded, his jaw clenched and his fists are on his side curled like a tight ball. I'm jesting, Jaime. Stop it! You're scaring me, yes I will give you my favor. She gave him her handkerchief with a big direwolf on the center. His smile returned in an instant and said, They say that northern ladies are favored by the gods, then perhaps by giving me your favor, I will win. Thanks love. He then left and got ready for the tournament.

The tourney is about to begin when Sansa asked, Sister, what happened to your neck? Why are there red marks? Sweet innocent Sansa didn't know what those marks were and little did she know that it was done on purpose. Ned, Petyr, and Renly did not fail to hear Sansa's question and they turned their gaze towards Elya, specifically her neck. Ned, Petyr, and Renly knew what those were. It's nothing to concern yourself about Sansa. Elya smiled at her sister and Sansa nodded. That bastard Jaime, how dare he mark me. Elya thought bitterly. The tourney started with The Mountain, and Ser Hugh of the Vale. The Mountain was a large man and he looked strong, he had more advantage than Ser Hugh. When the King signaled for them to start, they both rode hard and fast. The Mountain unseated Ser Hugh and left him dead, Ser Hugh's neck was bleeding rapidly from the attack and not long after, he died. This startled the audience but the tourney continued. Next were Ser Jaime Lannister and Ser Osmund Kettleblack. Sansa screamed when she saw Jaime wearing her sister's handicraft. Oh Elya, look at Ser Jaime, he looks stunning and he's showing to everyone that you gave him your favor by tying your work to his arm leaving our house sigil seen. Jaime was indeed showing everybody his wife's favor. Jaime bowed before the king and made her way to his Elya. On the way to her, there were some ladies winking at him, and he noticed that Elya saw them. He winked at each of them to take revenge for what Elya did earlier, when he looked at her, he saw a glint of anger in her eyes. Are you jealous Elya, you must know that what you are feeling now is what I felt earlier. No worries, I'm not trying to woo them. He whispered in her ear. Jaime, promise me you won't die. Jaime chuckled a bit and said, Of course I won't. I'm aiming for the crown of winter blue roses, and I will make you wear it while I bed you. He strode away while she blushed and glared at him, good thing they were only whispering to each other. Ned did not miss the blush that crept out of his daughter's cheeks and this made him irritated because he still does not like the idea of her daughter marrying the Kingslayer.

Ser Osmund and Ser Jaime lined up and waited for the signal of the king, not long after, the king signaled for them to start. Ser Osmund is aiming Jaime's neck, he's trying to kill him. Elya thought, her grip tightening around her father's arms. This worried Ned, and so he looked at where Elya wss looking and he knew the answer why. Jaime noticed that Ser Osmund was trying to do the same thing The Mountain did to Ser Hugh, he shifted, to his advantage, Ser Osmund did not notice what he did that's why he did not even scratched Jaime's shield, he went tumbling to the ground. The crowd roared and cheered for the mighty lion, and the Stark sisters got up to their feet and clapped for Ser Jaime, Ned couldn't help but to clap also, for he realized that Jaime did outsmart Ser Osmund.

The tourney continued for the whole day and The Mountain created a scene when he almost killed Ser Loras Tyrell, thanks to The Hound, Ser Loras is still alive. Ser Loras' victory over The Mountain means that he is a great opponent for Jaime, he was good, but not good enough. Jaime unseated him without any trouble. Jaime won the tourney and he was given a crown of winter blue roses for his Queen of Love and Beauty. He named Elya his Queen of Love and Beauty and this earned him a glare from his twin. Before, when Jaime would win, he would crown Cersei as his Queen of Love and Beauty, people thought of it as one of Jaime's japes, they thought that maybe he gave it to his twin because they look so much alike and wants to show everyone that he is beautiful, but only he and Cersei knows the true reason behind that.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
The feast was grand, and noisy. The king was already drunk and the queen and her children retired early because of Robert dishonoring them. Jaime couldn't wait until the feast is over, during the duration of the feast, he was already stealing kisses from Elya. Jaime just wanted all the men to stop talking to him and congratulating him because he had enough. Elya can see that Sansa was sad because Joffrey retired early that is why she asked Jaime to ask her sister for a dance, and he did. Lady Sansa, might I request you dance with me? Jaime asked. Thank you Ser, but my sister doesn't need to bother you. Sansa responded. Oh no Lady Sansa, I insist. Jaime said, Sansa stood up and danced with Jaime until the song was over and she made her way back to her seat with a contented smile on her face. Sansa loved Jaime's emerald eyes and his wit and jests, he was like the knight in Old Nan's stories and she can't help but admire his beauty. She would rather marry him than her intended, Joffrey. Sansa saw Ser Jaime and her sister Elya retire to their chambers and she felt a pang of jealousy in her heart. Why was she jealous of Elya being with Ser Jaime, they're husband and wife. Oh no, I can't be, it's wrong. It's Joffrey whom I love, not Ser Jaime. Is he? Sansa thought.

When Jaime and Elya returned to their chambers, Jaime spoke. I intend on making you wear that crown while I bed you. Elya was blushing now but she managed to speak, You're just drunk Jaime. But Jaime wasn't. I'm not, I'll prove it.

Then he proved it, all night long.