Chapter 12: Last Chance of Honour

Willem Lannister is such a beautiful babe, he looks just like Jaime. The first time he opened his emerald orbs, Jaime's heart swelled with happiness and his urge to protect him grew stronger. Your my last chance for honour, little one. Jaime could not get enough of his baby son, in fact, he puts little Willem on top of his chest while sleeping at night. Willem is not his first child but he is Jaime's first legitimate child, and his first child he held. When Joffrey was born, Cersei did not let him hold Joffrey or be close to him even as an uncle because she says that people will whisper. I someone told him that he will not be able to see his babe ever again or someone successfully hurt him, it will be the end of him, that is why he could not forgive Robb Stark for threatening his little cub's life, he still starves him for that. He also sent a letter to his father saying that the babe has been born and it was a healthy boy and looked exactly like him, no doubt everyone in King's Landing already knows.

Jaime visited the dungeons and was walking towards Robb's cell, this will be the first time he will see the young wolf. Robb heard that someone is coming and he started to wonder who it may be, but his question was answered not long after when a guard spoke, Congratulations, m'lord. I heard it looks just like you. Then Jaime replied, Thank you Garlan, yes he does look like me. Then Jaime went in Robb Stark's cell bringing him food. He handed the food to Robb who did not refuse because it will be his first meal in 4 days. Why did you do it? He is your nephew. Jaime asked calmly When Robb did not reply he continued, I heard your wife is also with child and is in camp at Golden Tooth. Golden Tooth belongs to the Marbrands which so happens to be our bannerman, it did not take me long enough to capture your wife. My friend, Ser Adam Marbrand, is now free and your wife and remaining northmen are being escorted back here to be taken as prisoners. What will you feel if I kill that babe in her belly? I killed a king before, surely killing s babe is not that hard. Robb's head shot back up and he snarled, Don't you dare lay a finger to her or I swear I will kill you! Jaime then talked again, Talisa is her name, isn't it? If I kill your babe and send it to Walder Frey he will be happy. If I threaten to kill both your wife and babe, then you will know the debt is paid when you are scared to death that you almost lost them, and a Lannister always pay his debts, I owe you a big one. Jaime left Robb's cell and Robb started shouting, You bastard! Grey Wind will rip your son's head and kill you! Jaime heard that one and he responded through gritted teeth, Your direwolf is dead! With that he left and went straight to meet Adam.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
He asked Pod to tell Ser Adam to go straight to his solar. A few minutes later, Adam arrived. Jaime. Congratulations, I heard he is more of a Lannister than a Stark. Jaime nodded and replied, Thank you Adam...Pod, tell the guards to escort Talisa to her new chambers and tell them to give her food and new clothes.
Pod nodded and went out. I assume that I will be the lord commander of your fleet. Jaime nodded again, You will lead 30,000 red cloaks that my father will send, and another 10,000 red cloaks coming from here and you will reclaim Winterfell from the reigning Boltons. I imprisoned Roose Bolton because of his involvement in planning the Starks' massacre including my lady wife. His bastard is ruling the north now, 40,000 red cloaks will do to put Ramsay down. After you reclaim Winterfell, you will stay there and rebuild it then father will send another 30,000 men in case Stannis tries to imvade the North. You will leave in the nexth moon. Bring the Mountain with you, he will be useful in the battlefield. Adam nodded and asked, Can I see the little Jaime? Jaime stood up and led the way to the nursery where the Stark sisters are playing with Willem. Sansa and Arya left quickly when they noticed that Jaime had a visitor, leaving Elya behind. You must be Lady Elyanna Lannister, I must admit that you are rather pretty. Then Jaime smacked him and said, I took you here for the newborn Lannister and not his mother, stop flirting. Elya almost giggled at what Jaime said, she couldn't help but smile with a jealous Jaime. And you must be Ser Adam Marbrand the troublemaker alongside Tyrion and Jaime. Adam nodded and Elya handed Willem to Jaime so that he can show the babe to Adam. Willem was smiling and his eyes wide open, and he is all wiggly and stuff. There is no doubt that he is a Lannister, the new addition to the Golden Lions. Then Adam changed his tone to a little squeaky one, What should I call you? They call Jaime 'The Mighty Lion of Lannister', what about 'The wiggly cub of Lannister'...you like it? I love it. Jaime laughed at the expression on Adam's face, he rarely sees that face, Adam only puts it when he beats Jaime in anything, or when he learns faster than Tyrion.

Jaime was again playing with little Willem, it became part of his everyday routine. He was sitting next to the window rocking the little babe in his arms while he let Elya sleep, when he got a raven. He put Willem down in his crib and opened it. It was from his father. It says thag his father is happy that the future of Casterly Rock is secured and his father is congratulating him. His father also added in the letter that they will be holding a feast to celebrate Willem's birth, he also says that he will visit soon. Jaime put down the letter and played with Willem's little hands, Willem enclosed his hand to Jaime's pinky and it was the best feeling Jaime ever felt. He promised that Willem will grow up to be a great warrior and be a great lord that he will be nothing like Joffrey.

Willem is his last chance for honour. Jaime will spoil the babe when he grows a little older and Elya knows it because even now that he was just born, he's got Jaime wrapped around his little finger.