Chapter 9: Casterly Rock

Casterly Rock is beautiful. It sits atop a cliff, and is surrounded by water. It was more beautiful than Winterfell, and and much warmer. They were greeted by some loyal bannermen, and commoners on th way, and Elya found it galvanizing. Lord Tywin did a great job making Lannisport and Casterly Rock successful. People were overjoyed that their future lord has finally arrived, not seeing him for such a long time made them forget what he looks like, and now he is a man. The boy who left Casterly Rock for the tourney in Harrenhal was long gone,

That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead, Jaime thought sadly,

Elya saw Jaime ran towards a lady, maybe a daughter of one of their bannermen. Elya saw how close they were, she suddenly want to yank the girl away from her Jaime. When she approached, Jaime introduced her.

Lady Nora, this is my lady wife, Lady Elyanna of the House Stark. Then he introduced the girl to her. My lady, this is Lady Nora of the House Lefford. Then Elya heard him say, This is my cousin Joy, and she will escort you to your chambers m'lady. Then he walked away with Lady Nora.

It has been a long time Jaime, you were just a boy of ten and five when you left. Nora said. As were you a girl when I left. Jaime responded. They went to the caves where they always went when they were young. Jaime remembered those times, where he jumped off one of the cliffs and it did not scare him, not one bit. When they learned the secret passageways in the castle, it made him laugh somehow. Jaime was 11 when he went to squire for Lord Crakehall and that was the last time he was in the cave.

She was his fling before, before he squired for some lord, before he joined the kingsguard, before the rebellion, before he was betrothed to Elyanna Stark. She gave herself to him before and he got her with child. Sadly, the news never reached him, and sadly, the child died when she fell on the stairs. Lord Tywin knew, but he decided that Jaime need not know what had happened. He promised that he will come back for her, but he didn't. And when he came back, he was already a married man.

However close she and Jaime were, Nora never knew about the relationship between the golden twins. She was disappointed, Jaime lied to her, that is why she decided that she will win him back, Jaime may have a wife but some lords are known to be taking mistresses, why would Jaime be any different? She thought, when she first heard the news that he will come back and take his place as Lord Tywin's son and heir, her ambitious mind had begun plotting.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Elya thought that she will talk to Jaime after their supper with Lord Tywin. She will not let that woman keep him away from her, and she called for the maester. The maester confirmed her suspicions, in fact, she was already a month along. They have been traveling for 2 weeks and it had taken it's toll on her, she is always tired, and her back aches alot.

She took a nap for a while and when she woke up it was already dark. She changed into a blue dress incase Lord Tywin tells her that she is not worthy of the name Lannister. She was escorted to a private dining hall and there stood Lord Tywin and Jaime looking down at his feet, he would not meet her eyes in fear of breaking down infront of his father. Lord Tywin. She curtsied. Lord Tywin was clearly amused by her and he did not hide his amusement, he is actually smiling. Lord Tywin liked her. He liked her because she is from one of the most influential house in the seven kingdoms. Lady Elyanna, please take a seat. I take it, my son had taken good care of you. Jaime then took a seat and Lord Tywin sat down too. When he sat, he starts to talk again. I believe the marriage was consummated. Jaime nodded and so did she, then he continued. I expect an heir soon. Lord Tywin is really eager to have heirs so that he would not be forced to give Casterly Rock to Tyrion. Yes my lord, in eight moons time we will meet the newest Lannister. She said calmly, she saw Jaime's head shot back up and for a moment there she saw his eyes sparkling with happiness but then it's like he remembered something terrible and looked down at his food again. Then it hit her, 2 weeks and they're still not talking to each other. Sensing that something is wrong, Lord Tywin spoke, That is good, it has been a long time since we had a little babe in the family. I will travel back to King's Landing and swear allegiance to the new king representing the people of the West, Jaime you will rule here in my stead. And he nodded then silence.

Supper went nice but she needed to talk to Jaime, to fix what had been broken. Jaime's chambers was not hard to find, he was there drinking wine by the window looking at the sea. Jaime. He then looked at her. Jaime, I did not mean what I said back in King's Landing. I did not mean shouting at you, I was just mad because they arrested my father. Are you mad at me? She said softly. I was not mad, I was just..just a bit..upset. What happened between Cersei and I, that was a long time ago back when I was stupid. How are you feeling? My mother was always hungry and tired and demanding when she was carrying Tyrion, but I can't remember her face anymore. Elya noticed that there were little swords, little tunics and breeches, and even little boots but there is a large bed and a large private bath. Is this your room back then? For the first time in two weeks or more, she saw his smile again. Yes. Then he saw a story book.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Little Jaime went into baby Tyrion's chambers. Why is your chambers in the hidden part of the castle little babe? It made carrying this heavy book harder. Little Jaime stood on a stool and placed the large book on Tyrion's crib so that he can read him a story and see his little brother. I feel sorry for you, you know. Mother used to read these stories for me, I wish she's still here to read you a story. So what do you like? Realizing that Tyrion cannot talk yet, he recited topics of stories instead and see if Tyrion shows any sign of interest or a reaction. Let's see. Great Kings? No. Knights and Ladies? No. How about dragons? Baby Tyrion wiggled his little body so Jaime assumed that might be the story he likes. I'm not a good reader because the letters forms a different word from what others can read, I don't know why though, but I will try my best.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
So you carried this book all the way to Tyrion's chambers so that you can read him a story? I wonder if you will do that to your own babe. She teased Jaime. Oh of course, although I am not better reader than maybe your sister Arya. Elya raises an eyebrow and asked, Why, did you ditch your reading lessons? Jaime shook his head and replied, No but the letters jumbles around and forms a completely different word from what is really written. It may be a sickness but the maesters can't determine why. That is why the sword is my friend and-.

She kissed him to stop him from talking, she then pulled him to the bed and straddled his lap, even she, did not expect that. So she thought, It must be the babe.